We Are Sailing Through Kindergarten!
January 8th, 2016
- We celebrated our December birthdays. Happy birthday, Frederica and Andy!
- Happy New Year! We rang in the new year by discussing and writing about our New Year's resolutions. Many of us plan to help others, be kind, and do chores in 2016.
- We began using the Surface tablets during reading centers to work on different skills. Who knew learning could be so much fun? :)
Things we've learned...
- We continued learning the following high frequency words: he and for. Please review these words with your child at home.
- We continued learning the following Amazing Words: beanstalk, lad, lend, magic, naughty, and ogre.
- We continued learning the following letter and sound: Ii.
- In math, we began learning how to join groups together and count how many in all. We are really gearing up for addition!
- We also learned about our "Kinderblock" for the month of January: fairness. We learned what it means to be fair. This was a great lead into our social studies unit that we are beginning on Martin Luther King, Jr. next week.
Books we've read...
- Jack and the Beanstalk by Mary Ann Haberman
- Little Nelly's Big Book by Pippa Goodhart
- Sneezy the Snowman by Maureen Wright
- Jamaica Tag-Along by Juanita Havill
Jamaica Tag Along
Star of the Week
Daniel was our star student this week. Daniel will be showing us his poster on Monday morning. We can't wait to learn all about Daniel! Picture to follow in next week's newsletter...
- On Monday, January 11th, we will be visiting the Oceanside Public Library.
- On Thursday, January 14th, we will be visiting the Scholastic book fair here at School #6.
- The winter is bound to bring more absences. If your child is absent from school, please send in an absent note the day your child returns. Thank you!
- Please make sure your child’s name is on ALL homework. Please be sure to help your child read the directions carefully and check it when it is complete. Thank you for your continued support at home!
- Please continue to bring your ID with you at dismissal. It is a School #6 policy to always have your ID with you at dismissal. In the event that there is a substitute teacher, you will be required to show identification.
- To see more pictures from our days at School #6, check out our school page on the district website!