Glenview Library Letter
September 11, 2014
Notes from the Library...
- Library computers are available to students for AR, Imagine Learning, Raz Kids, or other programs that you need them to work on. You might consider asking them to take the AR quiz when they come to return the book, and then check out a new book before heading back. Or, send them with a note if you would like them to spend some time working on another program. Just indicate on the note what time they need to be back in your room.
- The library pockets ordered are in now, so please let me know if you would like them for your class. They can be taped to an agenda or folder, and then the student's library card can slide in and out so that the back is accessible for the Responsible Reader program. (We will start that in October.)
- Please remind students that if they have a question and I am teaching a class, they need to ask Ms. Mara.
- Please email both me and Mara when you have a new student who needs a library card. or when you need books pulled on a topic.
- Please remind students to take good care of their books and library cards. Library books are not allowed in the cafeteria. During orientation the students reviewed good book care practices, and one of our rules is to keep books away from food and drinks.
- Interesting Statistic: Number of books checked out so far this school year: 2,605
HMH Think Central
Check out this blog post from Free Tech for Teachers to read about the latest update to Google Maps Street View. It now includes the pyramids of Giza! Below is a short video overview.
Quote of the Week
“Limitless Libraries saves me time by making unlimited resources available to me quickly. I love being able to request a book, film, or CD and having it in my hands within days and not having to search the city for it.”
– Alison Rager, 8th Grade Teacher, MNPS
Glenview Library... More than just books!
Items available for teachers:
Professional Collection-- located in the Conference Room near the library entrance
-some new books were added recently....check them out!
Playaways (audiobooks)-- on Playaway display rack
Big Books-- located in the Library Office/Workroom
DVDs and VHS-- located in the Library Office/WorkroomBooks on tape-- located in the Library Office/Workroom