Mrs. Baker's Newsletter
October 24, 2019
What is going on?
Sommer Elementary would like to invite our active duty, retired, or reserve service members to join us in honoring our Nation’s Heroes at our Veterans Day Assembly. Coffee and snacks will be available for our special guests BEFORE the assembly, at 7:00 am, in the library. If possible, please fill out and submit the RSVP if you plan to attend.
We will also be putting up our Veterans Wall again this year. Resubmit your pictures from previous years or create new ones by downloading and using the templates provided below. All Veterans pictures can be turned in to your student’s teacher NO LATER THAN November 1st, 2019. We can not guarantee that any pictures received after Nov. 1st will make the wall. PACKET FOR VETERANS WALL SUBMISSION
The field trip home lunch. All items need to be disposable. Please label in either a ziploc or plastic trash bag. Wear comfortable shoes and the class t-shirt.
We raised $87.00 for Coats for Kids! Way to go! I am so excited to help with this cause!
- Oct. 25 Last Day to turn in Reflections contest entries
- Oct. 29-Nov. 4 Book Fair
- Oct. 30th 2nd Grade Field Trip- Wear class t-shirt. Going home soon!
- Oct. 31 Book Character Dress Up Day Link to Flyer
- Nov. 1 PTA Movie Night Link to Flyer
- Nov. 7 Kindergarten Field Trip
- Nov. 8 Veterans Day Assembly Link to Veterans Wall Packet
- Nov. 8 Picture Retakes
- Nov. 11 Author Christina Soontornvat for 2nd Grade
- Nov. 12 Spelling Bee Finals
- Nov. 16 World Changer Club School Community Clean-Up Link to Sign-Up
- Nov. 19 Thanksgiving Meal for Families of Students in Grades 2 & 3
This and That...
World Changer Club Clean-up
The World Changers Club will be hosting a School Clean-up Day on November 16,2019. We would like for our whole community to join us to help with this project. It will be a family event so adults and children are encouraged to join in the work. Items to bring: full water bottles, garden gloves, small garden shovels, shrub clippers, rakes and garden sheers (please label them with your families' last name). Please dress appropriately for working outside. Thanks for helping make our school campus look beautiful. If you have questions please contact Marjorie Manning, Laure Stroh or Celia Michaud.
Description of Jobs:
Trash Clean-up: Pick up trash around the school grounds (disposable latex-free gloves will be provided for this group).
Garden and Flower Bed Clean-up: Clipping shrubs (adult job), removing weeds, limbs,(things to make it look tidy) etc...Date: 11/16/2019 (Sat.)
Time: 9:00am - 12:00pm CDT
Location: Sommer Elementary