By: Principal Dufrene (March 15th)
The first half of the 2nd semester grading period is coming to an end the middle of next week with report cards being issued at the end of the month. Nothing replaces hard work and determination...students, let's get after it each day and be your best regardless if you are in-person or a virtual learner.
After two weeks, we are having great success with 5th Block: Credit Recovery & After-School Tutoring! Students are staying Monday through Thursday from 3:30 to 5:00 PM for additional academic support. It's not too late to join the success, see link below to sign-up.
5th Block: Credit Recovery & After-School Tutoring...
Below is the updated link for 5th Block Sign-up: March 15-18, we hope to see you there for Credit Recovery and/or Tutoring (contact Ms. Lease room #113 for details)...
- Congrats to Mr. Jones & Ms. Lease for being selected for the Trojan's "Above & Beyond" Award!!!
- Congrats to all students that participated in the FFA Ham, Bacon, & Eggs judging!!! Results are in for Ham & Bacon, congrats to the following...Grand Champion Ham = Alexa Vanmeter; Reserve Champion Ham = Mark Watson; Grand Champion Bacon = Parker Richardson; Reserve Champion Bacon = Alex Kile...way to go!!! Eggs will be judged on Wednesday (names will be posted once results are in).
- Congrats to everyone that competed in DECA CDC 2021...Kellsey Savage = Gold Apparel & Accessories; Paul Teter = Gold Food Marketing; Dominic Strawn = Gold Principles of Hospitality & Tourism; Jackson Savage = Gold Principles of Marketing; Camryn Downs = Bronze Retail Marketing; Mulledy Cook = Bronze Principles of Business Administration; Dominic Strawn = WV DECA Director...way to go Trojans!!!
This Week @HHS...
Summer Academy Survey for Hampshire County Schools - Parents Please Complete
Hampshire County Schools will be offering an incredible learning opportunity to ALL students K-12. The intent of this survey is to determine how much interest there is in a county wide summer school academy. Summer academy would occur for 4 weeks and run from June 14-July 9. Monday through Thursday all day with breakfast and lunch. Depending on student participation, we will select the summer school sites. The main focus will be math and English/Language Arts. High school students will have the ability to concentrate on credit recovery. (By responding to this survey it does NOT mean the student is signed up for the program).
Great news! We’ve just been notified that the test fee is being covered. Now all AP students can take the tests for free!!!!
If you have paid for the test already, please contact Mrs. Grapes for a refund.
You must indicate through My AP the college, university, or scholarship program you’d like to receive your free score report. Students indicate this information only through My AP. The deadline to indicate or change your free score report recipient through My AP is June 20.
APRIL ACT DEADLINE IS MARCH 12
Late registration window, with a late fee, ends on March 26.
To view the update, click the link below:
Junior and Senior Girls
Anyone interested in participating in Girls State please see Mrs. Anderson for more information.Show More
Make sure to check out the Counselor Corner Group for Scholarship oppurtunities. Go to the Counselor Corner Group and click on Resources. Some new ones have been added recently. Due dates are coming up for most by April 1st.
Curbside Meals: Pick-up or Delivery...
Curbside meals and delivery will be given out on Friday, March 19. Bus delivery will begin at 9:30 am. Meals can be picked-up at ALL schools from 10 :00 am - 12:00 pm. Must register by 6:00 pm on Thursday, March 18 using the survey link below.Survey to complete for Fri., 3/19 meals
👩⚕️🏥🧑🏽⚕️Daily Health Screening
* mask up with proper face covering
* wash hands
* social distancing
Vaccinations Required for Incoming 7th & 12th Graders by August 2021
Parents this is a reminder. State law and WV Board of Education require all 6th and 11th graders to receive vaccine updates prior to entering 7th and 12th grade.
All students entering the 7th and 12th graders must show proof of these vaccines prior to the first day of school in August 2021. The Health Dept will be visiting the high school and both middle schools on April 6th and again on May 4st to offer these vaccines to students with parent permission. Permission forms are available from the School Nurse or the Health Dept.
Vaccine updates can be obtained from your child’s Dr. or from the Health Department. The Health Department vaccinates every Monday from 8:30am – 3:3pm. On the first and third Monday of the month beginning in April, the Health Department will offer vaccines from 8:30am – 5:30pm.
Online Ticket Information: Winter Season:
How to obtain a ticket for HHS athletic events?
- Go to www.hampshiretrojans.com
- Click on the ticketing tab
- Click on the URL that will lead you to box office
- Spectators will select which game from the box office they would like to attend
- Parents and grandparents will have a passcode to purchase their ticket as early as a week before the game
- If there are any tickets leftover (according to capacity regulations) for general admission, they will be sold 24 hours before the start of the game. These general admission tickets are purchased without a passcode.
Please contact Mr. Trey Stewart, athletic director for additional information: email@example.com
WHHS Radio broadcasting basketball games this season...
HHS MISSION & BELIEF STATEMENTS:
- Mission> We will equip all with 21st Century Skills for a lifetime of success.
- We Believe...
* The faculty and staff are building a culture of success by focusing on 21st Century Skills: Communication, Collaboration, Creativity, Critical-Thinking, and Citizenship.
* Success is the shared responsibility of students, staff, and community.
* All students have the ability to learn given the appropriate academic, social, and emotional resources.
* Our community is an important part of the Hampshire High School family, and we value their communication and collaboration involving the academic and social aspects for our school.