Somerset Elementary School
Week of January 26th
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMMING FEBRUARY AND MARCH
First through fourth grade students who have experienced multiple absences due to the pandemic AND have not yet met their academic goals are being invited to attend an after school enrichment and tutoring program from February 1st through March 31st. The program will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00-4:15pm. Buses will depart by 4:30. If you have received a permission slip, please send that back to the school right away to let us know your plans. If you have any questions, our coordinator--Mrs Massow--may be reached a firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (207)938-4770.
KEEPING SOMERSET HEALTHY AND OPEN
- All students and staff MUST prescreen for symptoms daily and should be symptom free without the mitigating effects of Tylenol or any other medications.
- All students and staff are expected to wear masks that fit properly over the nose and mouth when inside the building. Individuals who refuse to wear masks may be sent home.
- Individuals testing positive for COVID must quarantine for 5 days or longer if symptoms are still present.
- Families are asked to keep contacts updated and have a plan for their child if he/she becomes sick at school and needs to be sent home.
DISCOVER CHAMPIONS CHILD CARE HAS OPENINGS!!!!
Your kids will love the Champions program because they'll......
- Get social time with friends
- Enjoy freedom and independence to learn the way they choose
- Feel supported by teachers who foster their curiosity and support them through challenges
- Be nourished with healthy snacks
- Finish homework and get help with school projects
Multi child, Military, and School District Employee discounts of 10%
Child Care Subsidy Program partnership available for tuition assistance
Please contact 800-246-2154 or email ChampionsHelp@kc-education.com with questions and/or to register
HARTLAND PUBLIC LIBRARY THIS FEBRUARY
*World Read Aloud Day Book Fest is a 3 day virtual event (Jan. 31-Feb. 2) sponsored by scholastic. This FREE online event will be lots of fun! Go to the Hartland Public Library Facebook page and look for the Read Aloud Day link https://www.scholastic.com/worldreadaloudday/. While there, you will be able to meet your favorite authors, have opportunities to play games, win prizes, and so much more!
*Be sure to log into the Beanstack website challenge at https://landing.beanstack.com/2022-winter-reading-challenge and record all your reading time, by January 31st, to complete the Beanstack Winter Reading Challenge 2022. The challenge ran from January 1st to completion on January 31st.
*In honor of Black History Month in February, HPL will be featuring books highlighting African Americans. Do you need help finding information for a Black History project at your school? Visit HPL and let Library Director, Lorrie Sanborn help you choose just the right books for your project.
*Winter hours are in place- Monday-Friday 10am-5pm, Saturday-10am-1pm;
*Free Book February-Patrons are invited to take any of the books leftover from the book sale for free during the month of February.
*Friends of HPL will meet virtually on Feb.17th at 6pm. New members are always welcome! Call the library for the link to this meeting.
*The HPL Book Talk Group will meet virtually on Feb.22 at 6pm. They will be discussing To Make Men Free: A History of the Republican Party by Heather Cox Richardson. Call the library to reserve a copy of this book and for the link to this meeting.
You can contact Lorrie at 938-4702 during regular library hours or email her at email@example.com if you have any questions. Check out our newly updated website at hartlandpubliclibrary.org for more information about the Library. Like HPL on Facebook to get all the latest information. Stop by and register for your own Library Card to take advantage of all that HPL has to offer. Hartland Public Library is located at 16 Mill St. in Hartland.