Fender Homework Update
"25 a day"
So far many of your children have been using the school homework websites, Education City and Bug Club, frequently and effectively to reach their target of 25 minutes of homework a day. However, from a recent study of the homework log on patterns it has become clear that many children are missing out on their opportunity to extend their learning in a virtual and fun environment. Consequently, opportunities have been made for Year 5 and 6 to come to school from 8:30am to use widescreen computers. Furthermore, Year 4 have been given access to the computers during their lunchtimes. Just before the end of the Autumn term a homework club will be set up allowing year 3 to begin increase their Homework access. Hopefully, by increasing the access to the internet and computers while in school the majority of key stage 2 children will be reaching their "25 a day" !www.bugclub.co.ukwww.educationcity.com
How can I help my child reach their "25 a day" ?
A few ideas...
There are so many ways you help child reach their "25 a day" and heighten their learning.
- If your child is coming in early (Year5/6) make sure reach school by 8:30.
- If your child uses part of their lunchtime to complete their homework (Year 4) ask about the activities they completed and the scores they reached.
- If you have access to a computer and printer then a wonderful way to praise your child is to print an achievement certificate available at the end of the homework task.
- If the internet is available at home then please encourage your child to complete their tasks before using other computer consoles (X BOX!)
- After every task a score is given and an overall %. If your child does need some support feel free to give that support and advice.
- Remember the Homework websites can be reached on ANY computer device as long as it has FLASH installed. (Laptops, PCs, Android tablets, Android phones)
- (Some apple devices, I phone or I pad, do not have flash installed)