Mrs.Myers' Weekly Newsletter
11/30/15 - 12/4/15
Notes from Mrs.Myers
I hope everyone had a WONDERFUL weekend! There is a decent amount of "stuff" going on this week, so please make sure to read carefully!
- Book Clubs are going WELL! Students should be wrapping up their books and beginning to complete their discussion boards for their books! This will be the last week of formal meetings so that I have time to assess the students' final reading levels! This is such an exciting time! I can't wait to see all of the growth that there has been throughout the semester! :)
- These are a super important (and busy) few weeks! There is still a TON of make up work to be done, so please try everything you can to make sure that absences are avoided! We have a lot to cover in not a lot of time, so it will be very tough to catch up when absences come up the next few weeks! Obviously, if your child is running a fever, please don't send them until they are 24 hours fever-free!
- Weekly Updates: You should have received an update from me sometime over the last week. If you did NOT receive an update from me, please let me know ASAP! I'll be doing another round of updates this week since we are rapidly approaching the end of the semester! This week's will include some updates on final grades! :)
If you have any questions, please let me know!
Class Cookbook Fundraiser! :D
We have decided to compile a cookbook to sell over the next two weeks to help our class raise money for a few Chromebooks! Today, the kids will be looking at the cost to produce the cookbooks, and determine a good price to sell them in order to make a profit! As many as we can purchase with our fundraiser, we will! The kids are VERY excited about this project, so be looking for a form to come home this afternoon for kids to start placing orders with family for the holidays! :)
A Look at This Week
Topics We Are Covering
- Reading: Context Clues
- Writing: Informational Writing (Colonies)
- Grammar: REVIEW
- Social Studies: 13 Original Colonies
- Math: Adding and Subtracting fractions and mixed numbers
- Read Aloud: Crash by Jerry Spinelli
Daily Grades and Tests
- Language Arts DA
- Closed-notes social studies daily grade
- Fractions and Mixed Numbers daily grade
- Colonies Test
- Science DA