February 9 - Grade 5M
The celebration at our house!
Thank you to the Stoy staff for coming to celebrate this special day with me!
Happy to have him home!
A very happy mother
Many of you know that my son is a United States Marine. For the past seven months, he was deployed to Iraq as part of MARSOC (Marine Special Operations Command) He is an intel specialist with a special ops unit. He came home to visit this weekend and was welcomed home in style by Operation Yellow Ribbon of South Jersey, Warriors Watch Ride of South Jersey, and the American Legion Riders. It was an amazing day! We are so thrilled to have him home safe and sound. He will be leaving the Marine Corps in March and is undecided as to his future plans. He is talking to a Navy Seal Recruiter and has been accepted (so far) to 2 colleges. (As his mother, you know the route I am hoping he chooses.)
I shared some of the photos of this amazing celebration with the class and they asked if I would please include them in my SMORE, so they could share them with you. Thanks again for being such a wonderful supportive community.
Upcoming Events, Due Dates, and Reminders:
Week of February 8
"High Five a Friend at Lunch" week
Thursday, February 11
- Valentine Exchange (Grade 5 Style)
- Spelling Test Lesson 10
- Science Quiz - Investigation #1 Swingers (Pendulums) (NO QUIZ- We did an assessment in class. Check out Seesaw)
Friday, February 12
Monday, February 15
SCHOOLS are CLOSED - Presidents' Day
- Students DO NOT have to participate, but if they do they need to bring in valentines for EVERYONE.
- For those students participating, they should make a container, bring in a bag or box to hold valentines.
- PLEASE DO NOT bring in containers or valentines before Thursday, February 11th. (With 27 students, we just don't have the room to store all of those items!)
- I will supply a treat and drink for the class.
Class List of Names including Aides and Helpers
Ms. Malloy (classroom aide)
Ms. Sweeney (classroom aide)
Mrs. Smith (classroom volunteer)