August 1, 2022
Hello Phoenix families,
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year, we hope you had a wonderful summer filled with family, friends, and many relaxing activities. The staff at HSMC spent the summer recharging and planning for the upcoming year. We are looking forward to welcoming all our students back to school this Wednesday.
As we begin the year, it is important to keep the following in mind:
- Please join the PSSA. We are in need of someone to lead this incredibly important organization. As was stated in the beginning of the year letter, schools with an active parent organization are more successful and have higher achieving students. Please consider volunteering as president if you can. If not, please join and attend this year's meetings.
- School hours: Below you will find the bell schedule for all four grades. There have been slight changes to the schedule since they were mailed out. Please ensure you review the schedules below for accuracy.
- Office hours: The office will be open Monday-Thursday 8:00-5:00 and Friday 8:00-4:00. Please feel free to walk in our call during those times.
- How to contact teachers: You may contact your child's teacher by email or by calling the office. Please make an appointment as our teachers are either with students or planning for their next lesson when they are on campus. The best way to ensure any staff member is available to meet with you is to make an appointment.
- Textbook/Chromebook distribution: All students will be given all their high school textbooks and chromebooks. If you child wants to use their own laptop, they are allowed to do so, just let us know and we will make arrangements.
- Communication: Our main form of communication is the Phoenix Flyer and reminders on Parent Square. Please follow the instructions below to download the parent square app today.
Welcome Ms. Sanchez!
Ms. Sanchez comes to us from the Newhall School District where she served students for the past three years. Ms. Sanchez grew up in Moorpark and attended Campus Canyon, Flory, Mesa Verde, and Moorpark High School.
While not at work, Ms. Sanchez enjoys playing with her dogs, everything Disney, and Diamond painting.
Ms. Sanchez has jumped into her work here at HSMC with both feet and already met with students and parents. We are looking forward to having her as part of our wonderful team.
If you need to contact Ms. Sanchez, please call the office at 805-378-6312 or email her at email@example.com.
Students may use their own personal laptop if they wish, however a device is required to succeed at HSMC and Moorpark College.
Click on the button below for information regarding the correct use and cleaning of the district's chromebooks and helpful tips.
We Can't Wait To See You!
Join us for our Back to School Night on August 23rd at 6:00om. This in person evening will give you the opportunity to see our campus and meet your child's teachers.
The schedule for the evening will be in an upcoming Phoenix Flyer.
For the 2022-2023 school year, Moorpark Unified school District is proud to be able to offer FREE meals to all students. This is a result of California being the first state to implement statewide Universal Meals Program for all school children. School breakfasts and lunches are more important than ever in these uncertain times. School meals provide nourishment that allows students to excel in the classroom and lead happy, healthy, lives. They also help families stretch their food budget.
Even as out district continues to provide free meals to all students, we still ask for all families to submit school meal applications. These applications are used for more than determining eligibility for free and reduced-priced meals. Having the applications filled out includes other benefits such as pandemic EBT (P-EBT) to help purchase food at home, waiving test and transportation fees, and the school meal application also helps the district and your child's school receive much needed education funding.
Please help MUSD by clicking on the button below and filling out an application even if you are not qualified for free and reduced lunch assistance. If you need any help with completing the application, please contact the Child Nutrition Department at 805-378-6300 ext. 1420.