GRE Family Gazette
To make sure you are back to school ready, please check out the "to-do" list below and reach out to us if you have any questions.
Here's to a great school year!
Principal, General Rosecrans Elementary
Family Back to School Checklist:
2. Create a parent portal account through PowerSchool. Instructions came home with your childś teacher and transportation info. Moving forward, this will be your method for finding your child's future class placement.
3. Plan to attend Meet & Greet on August 14th beginning at 3:00. After meeting your teacher, checking out PTO goodies and talking with friends, head out to the Playground to meet Ms. Thoma, our new Principal.
4. Make sure you are set for day 1 by double checking our School Supply List found here. If you ordered a School Supply box it will be delivered to your child's classroom for Meet and Greet.
5. Add money to your child's lunch account or send in a check made out to Big Walnut Food Services.
6. Review drop off and pick up procedures attached below so that you are aware how traffic flows. It is very important that all of our families adhere to these procedures in order to keep our students safe. We highly recommend after the "first day jitters" are over, to help your child gain independence by walking into school themselves.
7. Snap a back to school photo with your siblings or friends and tag our new Facebook page found @GREeagles. Use the hashtag #welcomeback to meet other families and friends that are a part of our amazing school!
August 14: Meet & Greet @ 3pm
August 15: First Day of School: Grades 1-4
August 15-17: Kindergarten Appointments
August 20: First Day of School: Kindergarten
August 23: Curriculum Night @ 6pm
Sept. 13: PTO Meeting @ 6:30