Wilson Ranger Post
PS: This may be a great Fed Ex Group :)
Math: Mary Kemper
Elementary Math Educator Academy #1 - Number Talks & Number Talks 2.0: I am excited to share an expanded opportunity for educators to attend our Elementary Math Educator Academies this year! In addition to the 2 educators we have funded in the past, there is additional space for 1 SpEd educator per campus, 4 DLI educators district-wide, and 2 PK educators district-wide. Once you have identified the educators to attend from your campus, please have them sign up on Eduphoria using the links below. Please note: it is not appropriate for educators to attend both sessions, Number Talks and Number Talks 2.0, on the same day. The agenda for Number Talks 2.0 includes a reflection on the experiences of implementation of Number Talks in the classroom. Number Talks 2.0 is designed for educators who have implemented Number Talks to any extent in their classrooms and want to learn more.
Date: September 23, half day sessions
Location: PK-2 (Mockingbird Elementary), 3-5 (Austin Elementary)
Pre-K 2nd GR – Number Talks 2.0 – Mockingbird – Morning
Pre-K – 2nd GR – Number Talks – Mockingbird – Afternoon
GR 3-5 – Number Talks 2.0 – Austin – Morning
GR 3-5 – Number Talks – Austin – Afternoon
Stop, Collaborate, and Listen: Elementary Math Educators interested in attending should sign up in Eduphoria using the links below. All resources from SC&L will be posted to the CISD Elementary Math website (tinyurl.com/cisdelementarymath) following the training.
- 4th Grade: September 8: http://eduphoria.coppellisd.com/wshop/default.aspx?cid=7020
- 5th Grade: September 8: http://eduphoria.coppellisd.com/wshop/default.aspx?cid=7020
- 2nd Grade: September 15: http://eduphoria.coppellisd.com/wshop/default.aspx?cid=7019
- 3rd Grade: September 15: http://eduphoria.coppellisd.com/wshop/default.aspx?cid=7019
- Kinder: September 17: http://eduphoria.coppellisd.com/wshop/default.aspx?cid=7018
- 1st Grade: September 17: http://eduphoria.coppellisd.com/wshop/default.aspx?cid=7018
Dates that Would Make You Want to Slap Yo Momma
Science: Linda Cook
Clarification on science assessments in Forethought and Aware:
The science assessments in Forethought and Aware are provided as an optionalresource for educators unless principals decide to require them. Some principals have requested these, so I am making them available for everyone.
Currently available for grades 3-5:
- In Forethought: Pre- and Post- unit assessments for every science unit
Coming soon for grades 3-5:
- In Forethought: open-ended (constructed response) pre- and post-unit assessments for every science unit
- In Aware: three different post- assessments per grade level, one in each area: life science, earth science, and physical science. These may be taken on iPads and scores will go into Aware.
The first training date is September 8 from 4:00-5:30 at Austin Elementary
The second training date is September 10 from 4:15-5:45 at CMS West Library.
The grant submission window opens on September 14 and closes on October 14 at 5:30 PM.