The Eagle Express
Antrim Elementary School February 7, 2022
Greetings from Mrs. Syre-Hager
Dear Families,I hope you all enjoyed the snow day on Friday and were able to play outside. The groundhog saw his shadow last week, so that means 6 more weeks of winter.
Here are a few things happening in February!
- February break is February 21-25. There will be no school for staff or students.
- Between the cold, wet, and sometimes warmer days, students may need a change of clothes at school. It is always a good idea to have a change of clothes that can be kept in student lockers.
- Valentine's Day is February 14th. When sending in food, please be mindful of the following things. We need to follow our wellness policy and we can only accept items that are individually wrapped. Because of the potential of food allergies, we ask that you consult with your child's teacher before sending any food in.
- 4th grade will be visiting the high school CTE center for a tour this week. Parents of 4th graders- be on the lookout for permission slips coming home tonight.
- Permission slips are going home tonight for Kindergarten students. They will see ConVal's performance of FROZEN on February 16th.
- AES will be hosting Kindness Week February 14-18. During the week of February 14th, AES will be celebrating Kindness. There will be daily activities to draw attention to and practice kindness. Some of the fun that students can look forward to include stories, art, and special guests. There will also be Kindness BINGO for students to extend the focus beyond the school day and to reflect on how we can be kind at home, in the community, and to ourselves. This will be a take home bingo board that can be returned at the end of the week for a special prize. Who will be caught being kind? Teachers and staff will be on the lookout for random acts of kindness and we will record our efforts and actions during the school day by creating a whole school paper chain. We can't wait to see how far our kindness will take us down the hallways of AES.
We want you…..to be a sub!
If you are interested, please go to the Careers section on the Conval School District webpage, which can be found by clicking HERE.
Mrs. Difolco's Class Knows their Groundhog Facts!
The students have learned a lot of information about groundhogs. Did you know groundhogs are in the rodent family, are also called woodchucks, get their water by eating green leaves and their babies are called kits or cubs. Fingers crossed for an early spring!
AES PTO NEWS
Little Caesars is Back!
Your child will be coming home with the catalog and order form but online ordering is back as well.
Go to www.pizzakit.com - click on shop pizza kits, purchase online, ship my order to the group. Then enter the following fundraiser id: 399978, our organization is the AES PTO. Sign in or make a new account and shop away!
The fundraiser is open 2/7-2/21, please have your order forms back to school on 2/18, the final order needs to be placed by noon on Monday, February 21st.
Pick up will be March 7th at AES, final details to follow.
Our goal this year is to sell 300 kits...We can do it.!
Thank you for supporting the AES PTO, so we can support our awesome students and teachers!
Stay tuned for information coming home next week about our Kindness Grams!
Next PTO Meeting
Join us for our next ZOOM PTO Meeting on Thursday, March 3rd at 7pm.
Snow Friends from First Friends
First Grade Writers
This winter, first graders in Mrs. Donovan's class have been very busy writers! They've been using their growing skills to write about everything from birthdays to ice fishing, to step-by-step instructions on how to make things! We've started having special sharing times, when they love to read their writing to their friends. Using the microphone really helps them hear each other's ideas. These first grade friends show each other Eagle values of Kindness and Respect by listening and giving a silent cheer after each one shares.
We've also been enjoying math game times with our friends Ella and Molly from ConVal High School. They're students in the Careers in Education class with Mrs. Grossi. They will be working with us into the springtime, and we're looking forward to lots of projects with them!