The Sherlock's Tot Spot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Katie's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Danielle's Email: danielle@Ilovethetotspot.com
Ms. Le Andra's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Ask your kiddos...
Special Events and Birthdays!!
November 6th - Terrance and Jeremiah
November 11th - Ms. Katie
November 3rd - Parent's Night Out
November 19th-20th - PJ Days!!!!
November 21st-23rd - Closed for Thanksgiving Break!!
November 24th - Ms. Hailey's Due Date
December 7th - Ornaments with Grandparents (Time TBD)
December 24th-26th - Closed for Holiday Break
December 31-January 1st - Closed for New Year's
Upcoming Zoo-phonics Friends
Vacations and PTO
Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Asking a teacher will get you no where. Please email Mr. Mike at email@example.com
In the Classroom!
Remind Me App: It's a free app that we're using to for simple reminders like show and share, friend of the week, physical due dates, etc. Our class code is 26kh9g
This month we will welcome Jeremiah and Terrence!
November is always a fun and fast month. We will be discussing germ, emotions, and what we're thankful for all month.
Q week will be all about quick vs slow and other opposites. We'll also paint question marks and paint with some interesting items such as Quaker oats, quarters and q tips. We'll discuss quantity and questions all about the body.
I'm sure they'll also enjoy our science experiments of growing gummies and making gaak.
S week will be about slow vs. fast, snakes, spiders, sports, stars, and of course we'll be making slime.
Did you know that everyone is adding now? Ask them about it! This month we're also all about rhyming and reading our CVC words. We're going to be playing lots of games to improve our skills.
- Please don't forget show and share items for Thursday. You can bring them in anytime before Thursday if you'd like to make sure your kiddo has an item.
- Don't forget to tell your kiddos to wash their hand in the morning at drop off.
Goodbye Summer....Hello Sickness! :(
Tax Time is Approaching....
Dear Tot Spot Families,
I am sending this email because we are getting close to the end of the year and therefore close to tax season. Because of our changes from Rapid Tuition to Tuition Express there will be two-year end summaries (a mid year summary for Rapid Tuition and a year-end summary). I emailed all our families when we transferred from Rapid Tuition at the time of the change, so please check your email history for that email. As far as Tuition Express, every family has direct access to your billing receipts through www.myprocare.com . If you have already signed up with www.myprocare.com you are ahead of the game. However, if you have not, you can register from this link www.myprocare.com. You will use the email you received this message from to login. If you have any problems, please let me know.
I'm super excited for some Halloween books this month...are you?? Check out all the deals for this month!! Scholastic will be sent out October 9th and will orders will be due October 18th. Our online code is HQ686
As someone who doesn't like pumpkin...here are some yummy desserts without it.
The Book Nook
The Giving Tree
Every day the boy would come to the tree to eat her apples, swing from her branches, or slide down her trunk ... and the tree was happy. But as the boy grew older he began to want more from the tree, and the tree gave and gave and gave.
Shel Silverstein has created a moving parable for readers of all ages that offers an affecting interpretation of the gift of giving and a serene acceptance of another's capacity to love in return.
The Parent's Spotlight
- We so appreciate you supporting our fundraising efforts such as parent's night out!
- Remember there is a suggestion box in the lobby, and we love to hear about ideas to enhance the learning environment for your children.
- Thank you for voting in our first annual pumpkin decoration contest. We can't wait to see what our kiddos and staff come up with next year!!
- Thanks to all who toughed out the cold weather and went to Tuttle's with us! It was super cold but spending time with our Tot Spot Family made it worth it!
- Thank you for all the special teacher treats that really touch our hearts (doughnuts, cookies, the supplies for VIPS, and various donations you've made) We can't express enough how much we truly appreciate anything and everything you do for us
The Teacher's Spotlight
What is a mythical creature you wish existed and why?
- Ms. Alisha: I’m not really into mystical creatures. I'm gonna say just regular creatures that can talk. Like a worm. I'd love to know what a worm thinks about all day.
- Ms. Maggie: The mythical creature I wish existed is a fairy that came in and cleaned my classroom, my room and anything else that I have to clean. I would want this creature to exist because I do not like cleaning.
- Mr. Mike: Unicorns Lela loves unicorns
- Ms. Le Andra: Mermaids of course!! Anyone who knows me knows I love Ariel!!
- Ms. Danielle: Dragons! For obvious reasons. Coolest things ever.
- Ms. Katie: I wish unicorns existed. I was obsessed with them as a little girl and love horseback riding. So, it would combine two of my favorite things.
- Ms. Erin: Pegasus, because Greek myths are my favorite
- Ms. Rachel: Dragons, but only the small ones. I wouldn’t want the “burn the village to the ground” type to exist.
Ms. Crystal: None, I’m practical and they would serve no purpose in real world existence.
Ms. Hailey: unicorn so I can ride on it & fly
Would you like to donate?
- Scrap Paper
- Food coloring
- Is there ever a time when you say to yourself, " I wonder if The Tot Spot would want this"? We could use it in so many ways. You may have babies, but the whole school is yours. Everything can turn into a sensory activity or learning experience. So, before you throw out your junk, ask your teacher if it could be used