February 2016 - Issue 5
Dates to Remember
Friday, February 5th - Milto - 6:oopm
Wednesday, February 8th - Chinese New Year Parade (students only)
Friday, February 12th - Valentine's Day Party - 11:00am - All adults invited
Friday, February 12th - Class Theme Musical - 1:50pm - music room
February 15th - 19th - Mid-winter Recess
Please be sure to add all books read at home to your child's reading log; our goal is for each student to read/listen to 100 books by the end of the school year!
We have been practicing counting to 100 by 1s, 2s, 5s, and 10s to gear up for the 100th day of school. Earlier this week, I sent home information about an optional 100th day of school project. If you have any questions about it, please let me know.
Things to Do at Home
- Practice writing simple sentences in a journal.
- Have your child cut a picture out of a magazine. Then he or she can write sentences explaining what is going on in the picture.
- Go over sight words every night.
- Have your child count two sets of objects and tell you which has more and which has less.
- Have your child read a book to you. He or she should be able to recognize sight words and sound out some of the CVC words.
- Break numbers down into their “partners.”