Colrain Central School News
Where we learn by serving...
October 21, 2022
A Note From Mrs. Looman
- Just a reminder that family conferences are scheduled for Thursday and Friday, November 3rd and 4th. If you are not sure when your conference is scheduled for, or if you need to reschedule, please contact Ms. White in the front office.
- Can you help our library? We want to get hundreds of new books ready for the library shelves and we need your help! You can take part in the Library L.U.V. Takeout Project. Email Ms. Miller (email@example.com) and she will send your child home with a small bag of books for you to prepare at home. Send your bag back within a week and together we will get this project finished on no time! All supplies and directs are included in the bag. Thanks!
- School Picture Day is scheduled for Tuesday, October 25th. You should have received the order forms in your child's backpacks this week. Please call the office as soon as possible if you did not receive one.
- We will be holding an All-School Hike/Nature Day on Wednesday, October 26th. Preschool and Kindergarten students will be staying on campus and spend the day exploring nature together. They have lots of activities planned and will enjoy spending the bulk of the day outside. Students in grades 1-6 will travel to the High Ledges and spend the day hiking and exploring the area. You should have received a permission slip this week. Please let us know asap, if you do not have one. Students should come to school prepared to be outside all day, wearing layers, sneakers or other shoes meant for walking/hiking and bring a lunch and a water bottle. If your child will need a bag lunch from the cafeteria, please let their child's teacher know as soon as possible. We are looking forward to exploring this amazingly beautiful place we live with your children.
- Do you have any extra clothes or shoes that you no longer need? Nurse Viney can always use donations, especially sneakers and winter gear in the health office.
- We will not be having a fall Scholastic Book Fair this year. Be sure to look for it in the spring!
Specialist's Scoop, Valerie Lively, Special Education Teacher
How was your school day? Some students love to share about their school day - others not so much. Regardless research shows that when parents express interest in their child(ren)’s school day …”When families are engaged in their children’s school lives, students have the home support they need to develop a lifelong love of learning.”
If you have a tight-lipped student when it comes to sharing about their day try some of these open-ended prompts and check out the link below for more information.
Tell me about the best part of your day at school day.
Who did you play with today? What did you play?
What was the easiest part of your day?
Who did you work with during math? (Or any subject)
The PTO will not be hosting a Trunk or Treat event this year. Instead, they encourage everyone to attend Colrain's Ookie, Spookey Bridge event.
The next PTO meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, November 8th at 3:30. All are welcome.
10/25: School Picture Day
10/26: All school hike day
11/1: No school for district In-service Day
11/3 & 11/4: 12:30 dismissals for Conferences
11/8 PTO meeting 3:30
11/9: 6th grade STEAM day at MTRS
11/11: No school in observance of Veterans Day
11/15: LEC meeting 3:30
11/23: Roger Tincknell Performance, 12:30 dismissal
11/24 & 11/25: No school in observance of Thanksgiving
11/28: Drawing for the cordwood fundraiser for 5/6th grades
11/30: Picture Retake Day
October early release dates:
1:50 dismissals: 10/19, 10/26
November early release dates:
12:30 dismissals: 11/3, 11/4, 11/23
Ookie, Spooky Bridge: A Colrain Halloween Celebration!
Join us on Halloween Eve for the Ookie Spooky Bridge drive through event.
This is a fun event for the whole family, located in Colrain, Massachusetts.
Drive across the Arthur A. Smith covered bridge while enjoying the spooky scenes and Jack-O-Lanterns created by town residents.
The bridge will be one way that evening, with entrance approaching from Foundry Village road and exit on Lyonsville road to RT 112.
Visit their Facebook page as the date gets closer for any updates!