Lawrence Labrador Lowdown
April 24, 2020
2020-2021 New Team Members
- Congratulations to Stephanie Perry who will continue to be part of our staff next year. Mrs. Perry will be teaching second grade with Muriel Burns and Cheresa Lourens. She is currently teaching teaching first grade at Lawrence Elementary.
- W'e're excited to welcome Lorrie Dotson to our Lawrence community. She will be teaching first grade with Kelly Silveira and Kristi Weist. Lorrie has been working with LVJUSD for 34 years. Her most recent position has been supporting K-8 teachers as aTVTIP Coach. Prior to TVTIP, Lorrie was a primary teacher for over 14 years at Michell, Rancho, Portola, and Junction. Lorrie's background and skills are going to be a wonderful addition to our staff.
Leader in Me At Home
- Planning greatly increases the chances of accomplishing a goal.
- Working with an end in mind keeps me motivated.
This is a wonderful opportunity for our families to learn more about The Leader in Me.
The Leader in Me Annual MRA Survey
This information is located on the Lawrence Calendar in the LVJUSD App or Lawrence Website.
Please join Principal Starkovich and Behaviorist Burkholder for our Friday discussions. After May 1, the check-ins will move to every other week. Future dates will be May 1, 15, and 29.
Date: Friday, May 1, 2020
Time: 3:00-4:00 p.m.
Meeting Number: 280 064 028
Additional information regarding WebEx is available on our website at livemoreschools.org/Lawrence
School Office Closure
The LVJSUD Child Nutrition Services Department is serving FREE BREAKFAST AND LUNCH as take-away meals for school-age children 18 and younger. We received a supplementary waiver to now offer an additional SUPPER at two of our pick up locations- Junction K-8 and Marylin Elementary. Please note: Picking up meals for your children is considered an essential service and is allowed under the March 16 shelter-in-place order.
Meals are available for pick-up at four school sites. You do not have to attend a school location to pick up meals. Meals all for ALL students and siblings 18 and younger.
- April 20th through June 4th
- Monday - Friday from 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- Christensen Middle, 5757 Haggin Oaks Avenue
- East Avenue Middle, 3951 East Avenue
- Junction Avenue K-8, 298 Junction Avenue
- Marylin Avenue Elementary, 800 Marylin Avenue
Free Food Pickup on Fridays from 1-3 p.m: In addition to our daily food distributions, Alameda County residents are able to pick up food on Fridays in San Leandro at the “Food Farmacy” located at 2700 Fairmont Drive.