written : by helena
It's the process of conveying information in such a way that the message is received and understood.
Types of communication:
Verbal Communication -
communication that involves the use of words.
examples : listening, speaking, feedback
Non-Verbal Communication - communication that involves sending
a message without words.
examples: Your appearance, Your actions, Your body language
Definition: a type of language that consist of words and phrases that are regarded as very informal, are more common in speech than writing.
Examples: photobomb, hater, dingus
When is it appropriate to use slang words? When
ever the person your talking to know what your talking about
it means that you are taking ownership in your feeling, You state what you feel or think instead.
definition of " You " :
messages on the other hand " You " can come across as accusations. placing the blame on someone else and may aggravate the situation.
Which type of message is the best and why?
The best type is "I" because your taking ownership of your own feeling and not the other person because you never really know what the other person is feeling.
Tips for better Communication
- stop and listen to what the person is saying
- force yourself to hear what they're talking about
- be open and honest about how you feel
- pay attention to non-verbal communication
- stay focused on the here and now
- try to minimize emotion when talking about important,big decisions
- be ready to cede and argument
- don't be impatient
8 tips for managing conflict
- Take responsibility for your feelings to avoid blaming others
- Learn to listen to the two sides of the conflict
- Wait a few days to cool down emotionally when a situation makes you feel wild
- Share negative emotions only in person or on the phone.
- Pepper your responses with the phrase, "I understand".
- take notice when you feel threatened by what someone is saying to you
- Practice making requests of others when you are angry
- Try repeating the exact words that someone is saying to you when they are in a lot of emotional pain
The correct or acceptable way of communicating on the Internet.
- say only what you would say to a persons face
- don't use rude words
- do not hurt other peoples feelings
- be clear about your subject and message
- check your spelling
- don't use uppercase letter, it looks like your shouting
- tell an adult if someone upsets you
- cool off before responding to a message in anger