September 10, 2017
Brock Community Gear Store
Brock Athletics is now offering the Brock Fall 2017 Community Store. In order to purchase please go to the following website:
Then enter sales code: HZH77
Please view the attached flyer for more information.
The store will be open from today thru September 12th
Upcoming This Week:
Monday, September 11th
- 9/11 - Red, White & Blue Day (dress code applies)
- BJH Lady Eagles vs Peaster 7B8B7A8A 4:00 p.m.
- Menu change: lunch - Popcorn Chicken instead of Salisbury steak
Tuesday, September 12th
- 6th grade Running Club after school - 4:05 pickup
- Combo Eagle Football at Graham 5:00
- 5th grade Curriculum Night 6:00 p.m.
- 1st day of Chicken E Delivery
Wednesday, September 13th
- BJH Cross Country at Lipan 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, September 14th
- Papa Johns at lunch
- BJH Pep Rally 2:50 p.m.
- 7th & 8th grade Eagle Football home vs. Grapevine Christian 4:30; 5:30
On the Horizon:
Monday, September 18th:
BJH Volleyball vs Millsap @ 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, September 19th:
6th grade Running Club after school
Wednesday, September 20th
BJH Cross Country at Dublin 4:00 p.m.
NHS tutoring begins after school - pickup 4:20
Thursday, September 21st
Eagle Football vs Kennedale
Friday, September 22nd
End 1st Six Weeks
BHS Homecoming Pep Rally 8:50
Saturday, September 23rd
BJH Lady Eagle Volleyball B team Boyd Tournament
Monday, September 25th
Inservice Day - Student Holiday
BJH Volleyball vs Tolar
BJH CC at Eastland
Dress Code Concerns
These first 7 days of school we have been diligent in trying to address concerns regarding student dress code in order to get everyone off on the right foot. There are a few things that need to be specifically addressed that seem to be consistent:
- Boys: The biggest concern we see is boys that have long hair that extends below the eyebrow but they push it to the side so that it is not in front of their eyes. This is not in compliance with the policy. If the hair extends below the eye brows then it is too long.
- Girls: There are lots of cute tops that are being worn that have large v-neck cuts that are showing the girls undergarments underneath. There should be no undergarment item showing on the young ladies.
The Dress Code Policy has not changed since last year, but if you need to reference it, click here and then scroll to page 37. If you have questions, please let us know.
Armed Forces Display
BJH Grading Policy
- Daily grades = 50%; tests/projects/major grades = 50%
- There will be a minimum of 8-10 daily grades each six weeks.
- There will be a minimum of 2-4 test/project/major grades each six weeks.
- Grades will be posted to parent portal no later than 1 week from the due date of the assignment
- Work missed as a result of an unexcused absence will receive a grade no higher than a 70.
*Individual teacher discretion regarding his/her late work policy.
NHS Tutoring - Starts September 20th
- Friday, September 22nd - Homecoming
- Friday, October 20th - The Ranch (there was a date change)
BJH will host the following Pep Rallies at BJH at 2:50 p.m.:
- Thursday, September 14th
- Thursday, November 2nd
BJH Lunch Times
5th grade: 10:55 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
6th grade: 12:30 p.m. - 1;00 p.m.
7th grade: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
8th grade 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
You can now follow in game scores and final scores for Brock athletic teams on the app “Score Stream”. Scores can be updated by users throughout the game. You will need to download the Score Stream app to your smart phone or go to https://scorestream.com/ then sign up to see Brock Eagles scores. You can also view scores on the Brock Athletic website at http://www.brockisd.net/25147
Go Eagles and Lady Eagles!!!
Eagle Garden - something we are working toward.....
Our primary goal of the Eagle Garden is to enrich the curriculum and support project-based and experiential learning. This outdoor learning center will allow for all levels of students to engage in agricultural practices on a small scale, learning about the responsibilities and impacts of land cultivation. We are currently in the planning phase of the Eagle Garden but would welcome any community support to help get this off the ground and to fruition by the start of next school year. Please direct questions/ideas/support to Nancy Beaty @ email@example.com