Terrors of Tsunami
Huge Ocean Monsters!
How Do They From and Where They Hit
How do They Form
Tsunamis can form multiple ways. The first way is that they can come from and earthquake that happens in the ocean. The second way is that a asteroid hits Earth in the ocean.
Where They Hit
Tsunamis can hit anywhere near coastal regions. 80% of tsunamis hit in the ring of fire which is a chain of volcanoes and earthquakes in a circle. Hawaii is the greatest risk of tsunamis. This is because Hawaii is an island and is located inside the ring of fire!
The Money Wasting Cost of a Tsunami
3 of the most destructive tsunamis in history
The tsunami of Japan was the second most destructive! This tsunami caused an oil spill and a caused a nuclear power plant to get hit by a tsunami. The death toll of this tsunami was about 16,000 people. November 1, 1755 a tsunami hit Portugal, Spain, and Morocco. The death toll was about 60,000!
- The first wave of a tsunami is usually weak!
- Tsunami means harbor wave in Japanese
- Scientist think that a 1720 feet hit Alaska in the early 1500's!
- 80% of tsunamis are in the ring of fire
- The deadliest tsunami was the tsunami was in 2004