- This job requires that you go to an institution accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA), also you must attend that institution for at least 6-9 years and obtain your Master's and PhD. After College a year of practicing under close supervision in an Accredited Postdoctoral Program (APP). In order to obtain your state licensure you must pass the Examination for Professional Practice of Psychology (EPPP) and an extensive written and oral exam.
- Child Psychologists diagnose/treat mental, emotional, and behavioral conditions. They also provide supportive counseling to children and serve as a consultant to parents, teachers, and other caretaker. Helping create a psychologically healthy environments at schools, treatment centers, and correctional facilities. Also they often conduct research in the field to improve the welfare of children.
- You must be patient, be able to communicate with children, and you must have considerable emotional stability.
- You are more likely to be successful as a Psychologist with a Master's and a PhD instead of just your Master's. Also, Psychologist with 10 or more years of experience make up to $80,000-$100,000 a year and a newly certified Psychologist only make up to $55,000-$80,000 a year.
- On average Child Psychologist make $68,640 a year.
- Newly certified Child Psychologist make $55,000-$80,000 a year.
- Child Psychologist with 10 or more years of experience make $80,000-$100,000 a year.
- Apply for Colleges & Scholarships
- Graduate from High School with Honors
- Apply for College loans/housing
- Go to College
- Graduate with Master's
- Get my PhD in Child Psychology
- Take certifications exams & obtain state licensure
- Apply for Jobs
- Interview & Achieve Job