April 4-April 10, 2016
"The function of education is to teach one to think intensively & to think critically."
Professional Learning Communities
Sharing best practice is essential to us growing and developing our craft as educators. Collegiality as a form of professional development is vital. While it is not always easy to get a substitute, leave the building, and participate in professional development. It is very simple and convenient to walk next door and have a high level professional conversation about best practices, or actually observe those practices being used. This time and energy is well spent, and lends itself to us growing stronger to be able to meet the variety of needs our students have. Take advantage of the proximity we have to high level professional educators to support each other and to grow individually. If you have not visited Mrs. Brown as she leads instruction, I encourage you to go and visit. Her student success is no accident. Her efforts to improve student performance are always intentional.
Mrs. Shunks Advanced Placement Students Perform Above the District Average
Mrs. Dunn Puts on her ELAR Hat and Helps Students With Writing
Fall 2016 ACP Math Data
2014-2015 End of Course Data
Mr. Flores's Students Make Repairs To Small Appliances-Take Advantage!
Conrad Feeder Pattern Foci
Listed below are items that our entire feeder works to make norms for every class in the Conrad Feeder Pattern.
- Progress Monitoring: Teacher-managed Profiling & Student-managed Profiling
- Differentiated Individualized Professional Development
- Data Driven Decisions and Instruction
- Graphic Organizer Utilization
- Justification of student responses (i.e. How do you know? Why? What does that mean? Explain, etc.)
- Scaffolding Instruction
- Differentiate Instruction, inclusive of Small Group Instruction/Instructional Stations
- No Opt Out, Think-Pair-Share, Cold Call
- Content Specific Writing
- Content Specific Reading
Monday, April 4
Tuesday, April 5
7pm- Softball vs. Bryant Adams High School @ Conrad Field
7pm- Baseball vs. Hillcrest High School @ Hillcrest Field
Wednesday, April 6
Thursday, April 7
Friday, April 8
4:30-Collegiate Academy Steering Meeting
7pm- Softball vs. Thomas Jefferson High School @ Conrad Field7pm- Baseball vs. Creekview High School @ Creekview High School
Saturday, April 9
April 14-Collegiate Academy Open House, 6pm
April 14-Collegiate Academy Luncheon, 11:30pm
April 16-Prom, 7pm
Announcements & Action Items
- Please post lesson plans in a visible place for visitors to access. (Remember lesson plans should reflect pacing by the minute for components within the lesson plan)
- Please be sure and review Mrs. Esparza's monthly calendar. If you have any events you would like added, see her in the front office.