"COMMITTED TO CHILDREN, COMMITTED TO EXCELLENCE" 2015-2016
Our main purpose is to improve student academic achievement.
Effective instruction makes the most difference in student academic performance.
There is no excuse for poor quality instruction.
With our help, at risk students will achieve at the same rate as non-at risk students.
Staff members must have a commitment to children and a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
Campus Goals & Targets
Algebra I, English I, English II - 65% STAAR at Level III ADV - 15%
Biology, U.S. History - 95% AP Exams - 10% College Readiness - 15%
ACP- 70% Passing in All Courses Student Attendance - 95% All Grade Levels
Monday January 4
- Staff Development/Teacher Prep Day
- Workday 8:00am - 4:00pm
Tuesday January 5
Wednesday January 6 "Start of 4th Six Weeks"
Professional Learning Community Theme: Effective Lesson Planning
- SPOT Observations Begin
Thursday January 7
Professional Learning Community Theme: PD, Article Study
- Teach Like a Champion Technique 26 "Everybody Writes" p. 137
Friday January 8
Professional Learning Community Theme: Teacher Nuts & Bolts
- Nuts & Bolts =Teacher autonomy/discretion
Evidence of Content BIG ROCKS
- Math - Student Reference Sheets/ Anchor Charts
- Science - Vocabulary Journal Usage
- Social Studies - Vocabulary Development & History Alive Implementation
- ELAR - Balance Literacy & Text Based Evidence: Anchor Charts, Annotation Strategies
- USAGE of PINKSTON QUESTIONING PROTOCOL
- Evidence of Student SELF-Profiling
What Career Clusters would YOU like to see offered at the New Pinkston High School?
We Celebrate YOU!!
- Susan Mauldin 1/5
- Tederro Hewitt 1/5
Boys Basketball vs. Gateway
Saturday, Jan. 9th 2016 at 11:30am
2200 Dennison Street
- Students should not be released from class without an official pass from the teacher... for an official pass see Mrs. Espinosa
- Doors are expected to open 10 minutes after the bell rings each period: following a tardy freeze
- Ear buds, food, and drinks are NOT allowed in class
- Staff should be visible in the hallways during passing periods, prompting students to class.
- All staff members are expected to model appropriate dress code per DISD policy....NO EXCEPTIONS
- ALL TEACHERS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT ATTENDANCE BY 4:15 pm DAILY