One Body in Christ - September 12, 2022
Next week is a big week for our students - Picture Day AND the Scholastic Book Fair!!
Picture Day, Wednesday, September 21st: Students may dress up or wear uniforms. All photos will be done in the morning before lunch (no ketchup on the clothes!).
- Please go to this link to order photos: Cripe Photography If you require a paper order form, they are available from the reception office.
- All pre-ordering will close after Wednesday, September 21, 2022. You do not need to turn in any receipt or form for an online order. If you need to pay by cash or check, the office will have an order form available. Checks will be payable to Cripe Photography. Proof ordering will be available 4-6 weeks after photo day once packages have been delivered.
Scholastic Book Fair, Monday - Friday, September 19th - 23rd:
- Monday and Tuesday are PREVIEW/WISH LIST days. Students will look and books and write up a wish list. The littles need help with this.
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are PURCHASING days.
- The Book Fair is open from 8 AM to 4 PM daily. Wednesday is Family Night - from 4-8 PM.
- The Book Fair will be closed from 11 to noon every day for lunch.
- Help is needed for a successful book fair - please check out opportunities here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0b4aaaae2fa02-book1
Janet Abdoulaye, Principal
The Week Ahead...
Wednesday, September 14th
- Early release - 2:50 PM for all students. EDM is available until 6:00 PM.
- One Body in Christ shirts with uniform bottoms
Thursday, September 15th
- All School Mass hosted by 4R.
Friday, September 16th
- Spiritwear for students and staff
- Scholastic Book Fair, September 19-23rd
- Picture Day, September 21st
- Jamboree - Chili Cook-Off and Raffle, October 22nd
Around Our School
Our 7th graders enjoyed using our new STEM lab this week. They used dominoes to demonstrate Newton's Law of Motion. Our new STEM lab includes all new furniture and storage and a STEM curriculum for grades K-8.
Westside Kids Resale Shop Event
Inviting All Ladies....
Ladies of Saint Susanna School: our parish ministries are open to all of you, whether you are a Saint Susanna Parishioner or not! Mrs. Ellice Bedel, our parish youth minister, also heads up our Girlfriends in God group. This fabulous, friendly group of ladies is always welcoming to new participants. Their upcoming events include a number of fall events and regular faith sharing on Friday mornings. Please click on the pictures below for more information. If you have any questions, please contact Ellice at email@example.com
Safe Environment Training
The Archdiocese recently changed their safe environment training provider to Safe Parish, from the previous Safe and Sacred system. In the new system, all volunteers are monitored quarterly. As long as you have a previous background check, your background check will be monitored on an on-going basis and it will not expire after five years as it did in the previous system. All volunteers must be registered in the Safe Parish system before they can volunteer. Instructions for registering and training are in the newsletter each week (see below).
In order to volunteer in our school building during the day or attend field trips as a chaperone, you must have a current safe environment training on file with us. This requirement includes safe environment training and a basic background check through the Archdiocese. The training and background checks are good for five years from the time of completion.
To check your current expiration date, contact Mrs. Carson at firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain a new training and background check:
- Go to the website www.archindysafeparish.org
- Create an account as this is a new system. Previously the Archdiocese used a system called "Safe and Sacred."
- You will need a passcode in order to create an account. The passcode is Archindy2021
- Complete the background check for school or parish VOLUNTEER and select Saint Susanna as a recipient of your information.
- Complete the training video and questions.
Please allow up to two weeks for this process to be completed.
The service hour tracking form can be found here and a copy will be sent home in the back-to-school packets. We ask that each family complete five service hours this school year. These hours can be completed during school or parish events.
Students may be referred to Ms. Evans by teachers or the principal for a one-time visit. After that, parents must complete an consent form for continued visits. The consent form is available in the school office. You can reach Ms. Evans directly at email@example.com
Easy Fund-Raising for Saint Susanna Catholic School!
Box Tops for Education
Here’s how it works:
- Step 1: Download the new Box Tops App (iTunes or Google Play) – it’s free
- Step 2: Create a username and connect it to your child’s school
- Step 3: Scan your grocery store receipt. Items with the new Box Tops label will be automatically credited to your school
Does this mean I should stop sending in my paper Box Tops that I have already clipped? No! Continue to send those to the school!
Kroger Community Rewards
Information on the Kroger Community Rewards program can be found here on their website or under the "rewards" tab in your Kroger app. You will need to search for the exact name of our organization as SAINT SUSANNAS SCHOOL PTP . From there, you can link your Kroger card with our organization and a portion of your spending at Kroger will come to us.
St. Susanna Catholic School's mission is to provide a Christ-centered, quality education that prepares and inspires its students to excel as they progress in their scholastic careers. Based on Catholic teachings, our students and staff exemplify the value of faith, service, love, and respect in all situations and with all people.