Ferson Creek eNews
October 18, 2019
Picture Day / Re-takes
Boo Bash - October 26th 5:00 - 8:00 pm
- Run a game for only an hour
- Run a station for only an hour
- Donate many needed supplies
- Help with set up and take down of decorations
Notes From the Nurse
This is the time of year when we start to see an increase in student illness due to cold, flu,
strep, etc. Please keep the following guidelines in mind when deciding whether to send your child to school. This will help to control the spread of infectious diseases at school and allow your child to be available for learning.
- Keep your child home if they have symptoms of the flu. That means a fever of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or greater, with cough and/or a sore throat. You should check your child for these symptoms each morning before sending to school. Other symptoms that may occur with flu include runny nose, headache, body aches, vomiting and diarrhea (in addition to fever and cough or sore throat).
- Sick children should stay home for at least 24 hours after their fever is gone without use of fever reducing drugs like Tylenol or Motrin.
- Teach your child to clean their hands often with soap and water or a hand sanitizer.
- Teach your child to cover coughs and sneezes.
- Vaccinate your child. The CDC recommends vaccinating all children against influenza. Check with your child’s health care provider for vaccine information and schedules.
Thank you for your attention to this important health concern. Please feel free to contact the
Health Office at 331-228-2304 with any questions or concerns.
Donna Holloway, RN
Fall Conferences - Pick-A-Time Scheduler
Halloween at Ferson Creek
Consistent with previous years, students will be given time to put on their costumes just prior to the all-school parade as they are not allowed to wear their costumes to school. (The exception is early childhood classes who should wear costumes to school.) Also, students should refrain from wearing costumes that depict gore, violence, or inappropriate imagery. Any masks that completely cover a child's face should not be worn, and props that depict weapons are not allowed.
Halloween Schedule of Events
10:30 Pre-K/EC AM class party
11:20 Pre-K/EC AM class parade in front of building
1:45 PM Pre-K/EC, K - 5th Costume Parade on blacktop behind the school
(rain location inside gym)
2:00 PM Pre-K/EC, K - 5th Class Party
2:45 Prepare for dismissal
Veterans Day Assembly
This year we will be celebrating Veterans Day on November 11th. We would like to take time to honor these individuals by acknowledging their time served and to honor them at an assembly beginning at 10:30 am on that day.
If there is a veteran that you would like to recognize by having them included in our Veterans Day video, please email our LRC director Renee Ignoffo at email@example.com. In your email, please include your child's name, the veteran's name, the veteran's relation to your child, a picture of the veteran, branch of the military, and rank (if known). Please send all pictures to Mrs. Ignoffo no later than Monday, November 4th.
If your child has someone in your family, or a friend of your family, who they would like to invite to attend our assembly please rsvp to Amy Ellis, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Monday, November 4th so that we can plan accordingly.
Directory Spot is our school’s digital directory; you can access it from your smartphone or the website. login here.
Fund the Foxes Campaign
You may donate online at paypal.com/paypalme2/FersonCreekPTO
Elgin Oberweis - Friday, Oct. 18 from 9am - 10pm. Mention Ferson when making your purchase and a portion is donated back to the school.
Fund the Foxes Campaign
- Tues. Oct. 22 - Kindergarten Field Trip
- Wed. Oct. 23 - Picture Retakes
- Sat. Oct. 26 - Boo Bash - 5pm - 8pm
- Fri. Nov. 1 - end of 1st Trimester
- Tues. Nov. 12 - PTO meeting 7:00pm
- Wed. Nov 13. - 1/2 Day School Improvement (Dismissal at 11:40 am)