Building High Self Esteem
How to be happy with yourself!
The Power of Self Esteem
How to Build Self Esteem
- Search for the reasons why you might have low self esteem
- Identify and accept your limitations
- Take responsibility for you decisions
- Engage in strength building
- Seek help from others
- Set goals for yourself
- Practice guided imagery and visualizing your success
- Take time to talk to your inner self
Building your self-esteem and creating a positive self-awareness comes from taking an inventory of your own strengths and weeknesses. Being at peace with yourself plays a huge part in building positive self esteem.
"You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection." Buddha
Daily Steps for Raising Your Self Esteem
- Eat healthy and exercise - not only does this make you feel better physically, it helps boost your self esteem and confidence.
- Dress better - dressing in a way that makes you feel good about yourself helps boost your confidence and how you feel about yourself.
- Spend time with people - spending time with friends or people who make you feel better about yourself is an excellent way to raise your mood.
- Get something done - finish a project that you've been putting off. The feeling of accomplishment leads you to feel better about yourself and what you've done.
- Do something nice for someone - helping someone out who needs it will not only make them feel better but will make you feel better about yourself.