Pleasant Street School News
building a community of learners that strive for excellence
May 15, 2016
We will be finishing our MCAS MATH this week
We want to remind families that MCAS math is scheduled for the following days this week:
- Grade 3 students will be tested on May 16
- Grade 4 students will be tested on May 17
Thank you for ensuring your child is at school on time and is well rested.
Pictures from the Garden Club Week #2
Pictured to the right is Gregory, Nataniel, and Shelby, gathering leaves for the bottom of the containers.
Special thanks to Mrs. Nancy Berthiaume for leading this program that is generously funded with a grant from the Athol Royalston Education Fund.
Catch of the Day
Bus Evacuation Safety Drill
Pictured are fourth grade students from Mrs. Robinson's class practicing the emergency exit from the rear door.
Insect and Tick season is upon us
Caught Being Good
Here are some recent students awarded with a Caught Being Good and a short video of students we have recognized this year!
PE Classes Take to the Field
- listen to others
- be patient and kind
- include other people in games and at lunch
- take turns
Free Breakfast & Lunch
As part of the 2010 Healthy and Hunger-Free Kids Act, Athol-Royalston Regional School District, along with other districts, now offers free meals to all students this school year.
- Breakfast menu for May
- Lunch menu for May
Check Out the Official ARRSD District Facebook Page
We encourage you to like this page so you can follow news from around the district.
Mine Craft Club
Future Minecraft Clubs:
Meeting at 4:15pm in the children’s room.
This activity is sponsored by the Athol Public Library.
Understanding and Responding to Challenging Behavior- Free workshop on May 16th
• Why a child or adult is being “challenging”
• Strategies that focus on individual strengths and learning styles to reach desired outcomes
• The impact a person’s behavior has on their well being and quality of life
What: A Training from Community Resources for People with Autism
When: Monday May 16, 2016 Time: 4:00-6:00 p.m.
Where: Fisher Hill Elementary School 59 Dexter Street, Orange, MA
RSVP: Joanne Woodcock at (978) 544-0018, x 108 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Events...Mark your Calendars!
- May 16- grade 3 MCAS –sessions 1 & 2
- May 17- grade 4 MCAS –sessions 1 & 2
- May 18- fourth grade field trip-
- May 18- school committee meeting, 6:30 pm, ARMS library
- May 20- second grade field trip
- May 25- third grade field trip
- May 24- Animal Adventures Program for grades prek, k, and grade 1
- May 26- Literacy leadership committee
- May 26- all school walk-athon
- May 26 & May 27- dental program
- May 27- Memorial day program- scheduled for 1:30 pm (tentative)
- May 27, May 31, June 1, & June 2- Spring MAPS testing
- May 30- Memorial day holiday
- May 31- spring concert at Athol High School, 6:00 pm (students to arrive at 5:45)
For your convenience our district calendar is linked below.
Community Events & Postings
Do you have news to share or want to inform members of our school community about family friendly events in our area? if so, please email or forward a flyer or link.
Thank you :)
The Hello, Goodbye Window Storywalk by Norton Juster and Chris Raschka,
Athol Public Library Friday, May 20th 10-11:30 am,For more information call: Jen at Valuing Our Children: 978-249-8467 or Angela at the library: 978-249-9515.
Motor Monkeys Playgroup- 10:15-11:30, Friday mornings, beginning on March 4- May 13, 34 North Main St., Orange. For more information call Jennifer at (978) 249-8467.
Mother Goose on the Loose Playgroup-Thursdays 10am—11:30am Valuing Our Children 217 Walnut St. Athol. For more information contact: Jen: 978-249-8467 x 22
Petersham Playgroup- Beginning on Thursday, Sept. 17th from 10-11:30 at the Petersham Center School. For more information please call Jennifer at Valuing Our Children 978-249-8467 x22
For other local events, happenings, and resources in this area... you can also check the North Quabbin Community Coalition website below:
These are not school sponsored events but are posted here as a public service for families in the greater North Quabbin community.