Martha Carson's Class Newsletter
September 25, 2015
Good Turnout for Open House
We had three students represented at last Thursday's Open House. Thank you to all who made it. For those who did not get to come, be looking for the Parent-Teacher Conference sign-up sheet in your child's notebook. Select your top three times that will work for you and return the sheet to school. Ms. Martha will send a reminder with the date assigned soon.
Explorations this Week
We will be using all of our senses this week to explore the changes outside our window as the season changes. We plan to work with apples, too. We hope to answer questions like the following.
- What colors do you see in the leaves?
- What is falling from the trees and bushes?
- What do the leaves on the ground sound like when you walk through them?
- How many leaves and acorns did you find?
- How does the apple taste?
- What colors do you see in the apples we have?
- What do you see in the center of the apple?
- When we bake little apple pies, what do you smell?