Rocket Family Weekly Update - Week of February 22-26
Weekly Note from Mrs. Clement
February 21, 2021
Dear Rocket Families,
As a reminder, TOMORROW - Monday, February 22, is a Remote Learning Day for ALL students. It also begins the 5th six weeks grading period.
Last week we enjoyed both talking about and spreading kindness throughout our school and community. Congratulations to all our Kindness Kings and Queens!
Our Kids Heart Challenge Classroom Competition ends this Friday, February 26. You may use this link to get started if you have not already done so. It's not too late!
Last week we launched our Yearbook PRE-SALE. If you order your yearbook in advance the cost will be $18. Our pre-sale will run through March 5. After that time, yearbooks will be $20. You may order online or submit cash or a check to your child's teacher. Please ensure you submit the exact payment as we will not be able to make change. If you pay by check please ensure your payment is to the attention of Rutherfordton Elementary.
Kindergarten Registration is also open for Rutherford County Schools. If you have a child or know a child that will turn five before August 31 then they are "Ready Teddy." Use this link to check out the Kindergarten Count Down and the new online registration process.
Below are a few reminders for our face-to-face and remote only students:
ALL STUDENTS: Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns regarding your student's progress this year. We are happy to meet with you both virtually and in-person.
- Please ensure on days students do not attend face-to-face that contact is made daily with teachers for attendance. The detailed attendance policy is below for your reference.
- ALL morning bus riders must have a signed attestation form each day. (Use this link for access to attestation forms.) ALL PM bus riders should have someone waiting on them each afternoon.
- K-1 packet pick-ups on Monday, February 22, beginning at 8:00 AM
- Daily Enrichment Opportunities (Art, Library, P.E. & S.T.E.M.) are available for our REMOTE learners on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Please click on the links below for appropriate grade levels and new times. This week is a BLUE Week.
As always, if you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am available by Dojo, email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by phone – (828) 287-3778.
Maintaining attendance during Remote Learning is crucial. As a reminder, below is the attendance policy for remote learning:
Attendance will be recorded daily in PowerSchool. A student is considered present if he or she completes the daily assignment, either online or offline or has a daily interaction with the appropriate teacher. A student will not be considered absent solely due to an inability to join an online lesson on a remote learning day. You can contact your child's teacher easily through Dojo. Students can also contact their teachers through Canvas.
Students are expected to complete assignments missed due to an absence in a time frame determined by the teacher.
Excused absence documentation still needs to be provided via email communication (alternative to parent note) or document scans (doctor’s note, educational trip verification, family death obituary, etc.).
Required Teacher Workday - Professional Development Day - Remote Learning Day
- Friday, March 19, 2021
Optional Teacher Workday - Remote Learning Day
- Friday, April 2, 2021
- Monday, April 5, 2021 - Friday, April 9, 2021