"Building Tomorrow's Future Today!"
September 25, 2015
Volume 2 Issue #5
Faculty Mtg. @4
HFISD Board Mtg. @ 6:30
Kindergarten Favorite Color Day
Beginning of the 2nd 6 Weeks
Kindergarten "S" Reports Due
Jenkins to admin for DLT @ 1:30
Craft & Legere to admin @ 9am
Report Cards go Home
SLC class to the Rice Festival for Kids Day
RTI Committee Meeting
PTA Read-a-thon Kick Off
H-F vs. Kelly (A)
GLC Mtg. @ 4
Jenkins to admin for principal's meeting @ 9
1st day of Tutorials
2nd Grade to MS Pep Rally - Dress Like a Teacher (pep rally starts at 2:50)
Open Week for Football
- Please remember to bring your Toy Box Leadership book with you to our meeting on Monday afternoon.
- On Thursday, students and staff are encouraged to dress like a farmer. Hats and bandannas are okay, but students should not have props like rakes, shovels, etc.
- Thursday also serves as our PTA Read-a-Thon kick-off day! Students will participate in a flashmob that they have been learning in PE these past few weeks to get them pumped up for what looks to be a fabulous event! Everyone will gather in the grassy area in the bus circle at 2:35 to get things started. Please be on the lookout for more information about student and classroom incentives for this event. Tuesday, November 10, will be our HFE Reading night and students will receive awards that evening for the read-a-thon. Top earners in reading pledges will even get the opportunity to turn Mrs. Jenkins into a human ice cream sundae!!!
- Please make sure that you have logged your shorthorn academy students into the 1st six weeks google doc., as well as your student textbook numbers.
- Grade reports for grades 1-3 will be run by the office this year, with the exception of kindergarten. You will not receive a colored grade report sheet in your boxes this year.
- 3rd Grade Math- The math movies that your students created were legotastic! They did a great job at sharing responsibilities and explaining the processes used.
- Mrs. Johnston- The yearbooks are AMAZING!!! Thanks so much for all of the hard work that you put into creating it each year.
- Welcome back Mrs. Scogin! We are very glad to have you back on campus!
- A huge thank you to everyone for making this 1st six weeks a successful one!
- The detail about the pumpkin turning into a carriage was added to the Cinderella story in what year and in what version?
Just for Laughs
Gay Hill - 10/5
Tama MIguez - 10/27
Maddie Peddycoart- 10/28