Justin Thompson/Bailey Forsyth
- 2 types of climates found in Jamaica.
1. Upland Tropical Climate prevails on wend-ward side of mountains.
2.Semiarid Climate predominates on the Lee-ward side
- Warm trade winds from East and NorthEast, bring rainfall throughout the year.
- Area of 11,244 square km.
- Its highest elevation is 2,256 m.
- Highest Point is the Blue Mountain Peak.
- Jamaica lies 90 miles South of Cuba and 118 miles West of Haiti.
- Kingston is its capital.
- 1960 year= 1.629 million.
- 1960-2014 = small amount increases through the years.
- 1,086,000 total people.
- 1955, Jamaica captured by British.
- Admiral Robert Blake, defeated Spanish west Indian fleet in battle of seizure over Jamaica.
- Jamaica ceded to British in accordance with Treaty of Madrid.
- Accounts for more that 70% of GDP.
- Derive most of its foreign exchange form tourism, remittances, and Bauxitz/Alumina.
- Remittances/Tourism= 3% GDP. - Bauxitz/Alumina= 5% GDP.
- 62% Protestant.
- 2% Roman Catholic.