Evergreen Middle School - November 23, 2022
Straight From Syron!
Good Afternoon Grizzly Families,
As a reminder, there are family resources available in the Grizzly News below for those in need. These resources will remain available for families throughout the month of December. Please reach out to us if you need additional information or assistance.
I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving filled with gratitude and special time with friends and family.
Mark Your Calendars!
- NO SCHOOL | Thanksgiving Break | November 24th - 25th
- Barnes & Noble Day | December 3rd | 10am - 8pm | Spokane Valley Barnes & Noble
- Dungeons & Dragons registration opens | December 5th | ems.cvsd.org
- Sign Language Club registration opens | December 5th
- Orchestra & Choir Concert | December 8th | 7pm
- High 5 Rip-A-Shot Tournament | December 9th | 3:00 - 5:00
- 5th Grade Strings Concert | December 9th | 7pm
- Band Concert | December 15th | 7pm
- Winter Break | December 21 - January 3 | school offices closed
- Students return to school | January 4th | 8:10 start time
- Last day to buy a 2022-23 yearbook! | January 6th | ems.cvsd.org
- Sign Language Club starts | January 10th | 2:50 - 3:50 | Tuesdays / Thursdays
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Assembly | January 13th
- Last day of 2nd quarter | January 27th
Thanksgiving Break - No School November 24th or 25th
If your family is in need this Holiday Season, please reach out to one of our school counselors:
Sharma Walker-Thornton (6th): 509.558.3711 | Natalie Nootenboom (7th/8th): 509.558.3710
Toys For Tots:
To GIVE, go HERE.
To apply to RECEIVE, please download the PDF below for directions.
The window to apply ends on December 15th!!!
If your student is in need of a warm winter jacket, please contact Mrs. Thornton or Mrs. Nootenboom directly.
Thanksgiving resource information: please download the PDF below for a list of resources.
Free & Reduced Meal Application
Want to add money to your student's meal plan? It's easy! Click the link below!
Click on the graphic below to order a copy!
Vulnerable Students in Need - InvestED
We will soon be celebrating our 60th anniversary of supporting students in Washington State. So much has changed over the last six decades but InvestED remains focused on supporting some of the most vulnerable students in our schools. We have helped nearly 600,000 students over the last three years as the pandemic resulted in closed schools and a shift to remote learning. InvestED adapted to the changes and ramped up our support.
We were founded on a small act of kindness when our founder saw a student without a coat on a cold morning. He could never imagine the challenges we’ve faced in the last few years but he laid the foundation for us to collectively support our students so they can thrive.
There are about 1.1 million students attending public school in Washington. We focus on our efforts on the 500,000 students who live at or below the federal poverty level. Our goal is to make sure all students have what they need to succeed in school and life.
The worst of the pandemic is behind us but the impact on students is being clearly felt in schools across the state. Students are struggling from academic losses that occurred while schools were closed. Remote learning worked for some students but not all of them. Connectivity remained an issue for many families after offers for free internet expired. Students also suffered from the isolation of not being able to be in their schools with their peers. We are stepping up to support academic recovery and emotional support for students who have returned to their classrooms. The need for InvestED has never been greater.
That’s why we need your support. No gift is too small. Join us and help change the life of a student.
Attendance Line - 509.558.3706
Contacts at Evergreen Middle School
- Mike Syron, Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org | 558.3717
- Rachael Crooks, Assistant Principal: email@example.com | 558.3716
- Natalie Nootenboom, 7th/8th grade Counselor: firstname.lastname@example.org | 558.3710
- Sharma Walker-Thornton, 6th grade Counselor: email@example.com | 558.3711
- Heather Crooks, ASB/Head Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org | 558.3701 or 558.3714
- Marci Highley, Assistant Secretary: email@example.com | 558.3700
- Jessica Trejbal, Assistant Secretary/Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org | 558.3702
- Joyce Wilson, School Nurse: email@example.com | 558.3708
To report your student's absence, please call 509.558.3706. The attendance line is available 24/7, so please feel free to leave a message.
Can't remember if you purchased a yearbook? Have scheduling questions? Please call 509.558.3714