Facts About Me (Stomach)
1. An adult’s stomach can hold approximately 1.5 liters of material.
2. Your stomach produces a new layer of mucus every two weeks so it doesn’t digest itself.
3. The stomach is a muscular organ of the digestive tract. It is located between the esophagus and the small intestine.
4. When you blush, the lining of your stomach also turns red.
5. The Stomach is full of digestive enzymes that help kill bacteria in your stomach that can cause diseases.
Facts about our department
2.Every day 11.5 liters of food, liquids have to be digested each day, however this could not happen if I was not here.
3. Our department together digest approximately
50 tons of food in a lifetime.
4. Our department together produces 1-3 pints of saliva each day.
5.The digestive tract consists of a series of hollow organs that function to break down large food particles into small molecules absorbed into the bloodstream and used for energy.
Another organ that could be deleted
Diseases that can be contacted without a stomach
If the human body did not have a stomach not only could the digestive system not do its job, it could also contract diseases. Bacteria that is normally killed off by the strong stomach acids would make it through the stomach and the digestive system and cause your body to shut down if it is to sever.
Without me, what would happen?
Without me, not only would the digestive system not be able to function, but also the circulatory system wouldn’t work. This is because the digestive system wouldn’t be able to send nutrients to them, making the circulatory system not be able to keep your body heat. Also, the integumentary system wouldn’t be able to function properly because if your body heat doesn’t work, then you couldn’t gain or get rid of body heat.