- Temperature Patterns: Stays around 70°F
- Precipitation Patterns: The Savanna biome has a wet/dry climate.
- Adaptations to Environment:
-Plants (ex: baobab tree,"has adapted to the savanna biome by only producing leaves during the wet season" and star grass)
- Dry Savannas trees only grow inches tall
-Human Savannas trees grow several feet tall
-Wet Savannas grasses may grow up to 10ft higher or more (ex:acacias and palm trees)
-Soil conditions favor the growth the grasses
- Ancestors of apes and humans lived in the African Savanna.
- The biggest bird in the world (Ostrich) lives in the Savanna it grows up to 9ft tall and weighs about 250lbs.
- Parts of Savanna are being farmed and people of the Savanna are being crowded into small areas to sustain them.