Academic Competitions & Camps
RISD Advanced Learning Services
Translate This Newsletter
- Spanish - Para traducir, abra el botón "Traducir" en la parte superior del boletín
- Vietnamese – Để dịch, hãy mở nút "Dịch" ở đầu bản tin
- Pashto- د ژباړې لپاره ، د خبر پاterې په سر کې د "ژباړې" ت buttonۍ پرانیزئ.
- Urdu- ترجمہ کرنے کے لیے ، نیوز لیٹر کے اوپری حصے میں "ترجمہ" بٹن کھولیں۔
- Arabic- aiftah zira altarjamat 'aelaa alsahifat liltarjamati
- Amharic - lemeterigomi begazēt’awi ānati layi yetirigumi k’ulifini yikifetu።
The Academic Decathlon competition is composed of six objective exams, a prepared and impromptu speech, an interview, a written essay, and the Super Quiz. Each nine–member team is composed of three “A” students, three “B” students, and three “C” students from the eleventh and twelfth grades. Individual and team winners are identified by totaling the scores of each event. Winning teams proceed to the state and national contests. This course provides training in the competitive areas of the Academic Decathlon. Students study extensively in mathematics, micro and macroeconomics, science, literature, social studies, and the fine arts. In addition, skills are developed in speech preparation and presentation, essay writing, and interview techniques. Academic Decathlon Honors is available for students in 9th – 12th grades. 10th – 12th graders are eligible for five (5) quality points that will be calculated into their formal GPA upon successful completion of the course. 9th graders are eligible to take the course for local credit with no quality points.