Principal News ~ October 21, 2022
Virtue of the Month: Reverence
Playground Construction: Help Wanted!
We still need your help this weekend. We will be working on the following this weekend for the new playground:
- Edging needs to be put into place
- Landscape fabric needs to be put down between GaGa Ball and Playground
- Need to move dirt/mulch from Blue and Green to GaGa Ball and the area between the playground and GaGa Ball
- Need to remove the Blue and Green poles.
- Need to take out existing parts on Blue and Yellow.
- Need to install concrete piers for new equipment.
- Need to install and replace the hardware on Blue and Gold.
- Need to replace parts that can be replaced ahead of the concrete.
Please join us from 9:00 - 12:00 on Saturday, October 22, 2022.
2022 PUMPKIN CONTEST
Students in grades Preschool – 7th grade are invited to enter the annual pumpkin decorating contest.
A prize is awarded at each grade level.
Annual Pumpkin Decorating Contest:
Official Rules and Guidelines
Please note: Students who do not follow the rules and guidelines will be disqualified from the competition.
· Top pumpkin in each grade.
· Principal’s Choice
1. Students in Preschool – 7th grade may enter the contest.
2. Pumpkins can be no larger than a basketball.
3. Pumpkins must be a creation of the student.
4. A completed entry form must accompany the pumpkin to school with the student on the day of the contest.
1. Students must be able to carry his/her own pumpkin into the school building.
2. Parents will not be permitted in the school to assist with carrying the pumpkins to the classroom.
3. Pumpkins must be transported to school in a plastic or brown paper bag.
4. Pumpkins will be returned to each child by the end of the school day (Friday, October 28, 2022).
Questions? Contact St. Margaret Mary Home and School
STMM Sports News
Guidelines and Policies:
Birthday Treat Guidelines:
St. Margaret Mary Catholic School recognizes that birthdays are a special day for our students. We must also ensure that parties and celebrations do not disrupt the instructional day or interfere with the health and safety of all students. Birthdays occurring on weekends are recognized on the morning announcements the following Monday. Summer birthdays are recognized before the end of the school year.
How to celebrate your child's birthday at STMM:
You are welcome to send in a low-cost non-food treat such as stickers, birthday pencils, tiny fidgets, (no toy weapons of any kind!), etc…
Individually wrapped treat (store-bought or homemade). This should be a small treat. Food options such as pizza, happy meals, or root beer floats are not permitted. This should be a snack that does not require any assembling.
Parents are asked to drop off the treats in the main office, and these treats will be delivered to the classroom.
Goody bags are not allowed. The school will not permit bouquets of balloons and other celebratory decorations to be sent to the classrooms. These can be distracting to students’ learning.
We do not recommend that the school be the primary point of distribution for birthday invitations. Teachers are not expected to hand out invitations for the child. If a child brings invitations to school, it is expected that the entire class is invited, or all of one gender (all boys or all girls).
***We kindly ask that you not ask teachers or staff to make an exception for your child. Making an exception for one child means we must make an exception for all, and that defeats the purpose of the policy. Teachers are also not allowed to distribute private party invitations to students.***
We worry about all our students and want to be sure they are safe.
Student Absent Guideline:
Tarty – Any student that comes to school between 8:55 – 9:15
A.M. Absence – Missing time between 9:15 – 12:00 for more than an hour
P.M. Absence - Missing time between 12:00 – 3:15 for more than an hour
Partial Absence – Missing any part of the school day for less than an hour
Full Day Absence – Any student that is missing 75% of the day (4.5 hours)
Notes will be documented through School Speak including late arrival and early dismissal times.