Park View Newsletter
Mrs. Wallerstedt. 8/20/21
A Great Start!
As we finish this week I want to thank you for keeping our bus zone clear of cars. It helps the traffic to move smoothly and our students to stay safe. Another important safety procedure is to use the crosswalk in the front of the building when crossing Elizabeth Street. NEVER cross at the driveway entrances on the North or South ends of the building. That is very dangerous especially when the weather changes and we have a lot more traffic on Elizabeth. The crosswalk below is the ONLY place parents and students should be crossing. Please do not cross at View Street, or Brookfield Street as other students will follow your example; which will be dangerous for everyone. Thank You!
School Breakfast/Lunch Information
Students are welcomed, on a daily basis, to take part in our breakfast and lunch program. Below, you will find some helpful information about how the lunch program will work this year. All students are invited to participate in this program that, at the current time, is absolutely free of charge for everyone. If a child would like a breakfast or a lunch, he/she will simply let the teacher know as part of their morning routine at school.
- All of the food items will be individually wrapped, the Arbor server will have the entree and fruit placed into a paper bag.
- Students who have ordered a lunch will get a lunch bag and will then need to choose one of the vegetables offered (or they can choose both if they want) and a milk.
- Milk will not be available for purchase separately, a meal will need to be ordered to receive the milk. This is not an issue at all. If a student would like a milk, he or she simply needs to order the meal. If the food isn't eaten, it can be discarded at the end of the meal.
- There will be two entree choices on the menu as well as PB&J. The second entree choice will be vegetarian.
- The breakfast choices on the menu will be provided for the students at that time.
Fall Curriculum Night - Wednesday 8/25
- Session #1 6:00 - 6:30 pm for all K-5 classrooms.
- Session #2 6:35 - 7:05 pm for all K-5 classrooms.
Teachers will cover important information about your child(ren)'s academic year, procedures and information you will need for the school year. This is one of our most important events to build that strong bond with your child(ren)'s teacher(s) and navigate your child(ren)'s school year smoothly. We hope to see 100% of our families here at all grade levels (K-5). Masks are required to be worn in the building at all times.
Please call the attendance line at 630-827-4041 to report an absence before 9:00 am
Dates to know . . . . . . .
August 23rd First full-day for Kindergarten students
August 25th Fall Curriculum Night K-5 (6:00-6:30pm Session #1)(6:35-7:05pm Session #2)
September 6th - No School Labor Day!
September 8th - Picture Day K-5
September 17th - PTA Panther Prowl 5-7 pm Terrace View Pond