November 21, 2016
A Principal's Perspective
I love this time of year to focus on our blessings! It is a joy to be at GP as a member of this staff! I am thankful for each staff member that brings passion about learning to our school. Thank you to our cafeteria ladies for an outstanding Thanksgiving lunch that they prepared for our students and staff! I am thankful for our custodians for our clean, brand new looking school. It sparkles! I appreciate our specialists working behind the scenes to support teachers and students. I count my blessing for an awesome office staff who believe that service to others is an important mission. I am appreciative of the angels that work with our PPCD, Lifeskills, and resource students who celebrate each student's victories. I am so thankful for each paraprofessional who support the work of teachers where together our students are successful. I am very appreciative of each teacher who works tirelessly to create innovative lessons with your team that meet the needs of each student. You make learning fun, enriching, and successful each step of the way! There is so much to be thankful for at GP! What are you thankful for at GP? I hope you have a wonderful, restful Thanksgiving holiday! Much Deserved!
Be Innovative - Design the possibilities!
Morning Duties of the Week
Gym & Morning Assembly (7:20): 4th Split
Gym Duty (7:20): 3rd Split
Cafeteria (7:20): Specialist Split
Bus (7:15 - Buses/ Cafeteria after all buses arrive): Specialist Split
Parent Drop Off Direct Traffic (7:20-7:50): 2nd Split
Parent Drop Off Car Doors (7:20-7:50): 1st & Kinder Split
Counselor Schedule: Kinder/PPCD/PreK/Lifeskills
Librarian: at GP on Tuesday
Week at a Glance
Friday: PTO Grants are due.
Monday: 2nd Grade Spelling Bee @ 8:30 in Cafeteria; 3rd & 4th Grade Spelling Bee @ 1:30 in Cafeteria; Specialist & Admin Leadership Meeting @ 3:00: Mustang Market parent information letters go home with students in Monday folders
Tuesday: K & 3rd switch CAMP; PTO Appreciation - Goodies of Gratitude; Kinder Thanksgiving Program @ 9:30; 3rd Grade Grandparents Day @ 1:00; Faculty Turkey Luncheon - Sign Up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0e49afa629abfc1-gpthanksgiving/
Note: Thank you to Chris Parr for frying up the turkeys! Sign up to bring something for the luncheon. Please don't serve your PTO Goody of Gratitude for the lunch. Don't want to hurt parent feelings when they see their baked good out for the lunch.
News & Notes
- PTO Grants: Have a great idea to try in your classroom but need money? Apply for a grant with our PTO. It is an easy application. A great way for our PTO to support your innovative, creative ideas! Applications open now and due Friday, November 18th. For application see Teacher Scratch/Folder PTO Grant. Grants will be awarded Dec. 5th.
- Traffic Notice: I wanted to give you a heads up that Hassell Construction plans on closing Greens Prairie Trail to through traffic this weekend. They need to complete building the culvert at the creek crossing between Ledgestone and Flagstone. Barricades will be placed at FM 2154 & Royder Road indicating that the road is closed as well as detour signage. I have instructed Hassell to wait until 4:00 PM on Friday to place the barricades so that we can allow the school pick up operation to clear. The roadway will be back open before Monday morning drop off.
- Water Note: The building water will be turned off at Greens Prairie Elementary and Forest Ridge Elementary between 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM on 11/23/16 for service work on the domestic back flow preventer.
To Sit or Not to Sit?
All About the Social Committee
Mustang Yee Haws!
- Brag from a CSISD Principal: "When I come on this campus, everyone is happy and smiling. It is such a positive school culture."
- Congratulations to Zephyr Seagraves who just signed with Texas A&M to run cross country as an Aggie student!
Baby Piscacek has arrived!
Looks like jeans week will go to: PreK, Office & 3rd Grade. I took the top 3 teams!
Janelle - 11/18
Tracy - 11/16
Jeans week for Prek, Office & 3rd grade will be November 28-December 2nd!