Reading, Writing, & Rigor
Starting the Year with a Literacy Rich Classroom K-6
June 24 & 25, 2019 / Two-Day Event
San Antonio, TX
Who Should Attend?
Benefits of Attending
2. Gain ideas for building strong, lasting relationships with your students from day 1 with activities that instill a growth-mindset.
3. Examine schedules and setups for building fluency, comprehension, and word knowledge in the first weeks of school and beyond!
4. Explore ideas and strategies for an effective Writer's Workshop. Learn ways to get students writing expository pieces the first week of school!
5. Walk away with ideas for implementing Guided Reading into your literacy framework.
6. Learn how to effectively plan and teach reading comprehension strategies from the start!
7. Discuss ideas for planning and teaching phonemic awareness in authentic and beneficial ways.
8. Focus on literacy routines and creating student autonomy in the classroom.
9. Discuss best practices for assessment and data review for BOY.
10. And Much More!!!
$449 per participant
Contact us about group discounts!
Coffee and donuts will be provided in the morning.
12 Hours of Professional Development Credit Will Be Awarded
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION FORM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. EVEN IF IT IS AHEAD OF YOUR PAYMENT. This will let us know to reserve you a seat for the training in the event we have a sold out event.
You can register by Calling or Emailing your registration form in.
To pay by credit card, call our office at (817) 583-1290. We will send you a link to pay your registration fee online through our billing system. Credit Card payments must be received before the date of the seminar.
To pay by purchase order, submit your district PO by email. Please make PO's payable to Kelly Harmon & Associates. Purchase Orders must be received BEFORE the date of the seminar to receive the official link to the training. Please contact us if you require a W9 form.
To pay by check, please make checks payable to Kelly Harmon & Associates and mail to 374 Lantana Crossing Spring Branch, TX 78070. Checks must be received BEFORE or ON the date of the seminar.
Call (817) 583-1290
For more Information Please contact us!
Meet The Presenters!
Kelly Harmon is a national presenter & author who has more than 27 years of experience working with at-risk students. She presents on a wide range of topics including strategies for at-risk learners, guided reading and math Instruction, RTI, technology integration, reading, writing, and instructional strategies highly effective teachers use to increase student achievement. Ms. Harmon works as an instructional coach for schools and districts across the United States. In addition to consulting, she also works with the Bureau of Education and Research, as well as Learning Sciences International, Marzano Center.
Randi Anderson is an elementary educator, blogger, and staff developer with 10 years of experience. She taught third and fourth grade in Title one schools in the Fort Worth area. Before entering the classroom, Mrs. Anderson studied early childhood education and English as a Second Language at The University of Texas at Austin. She has a strong passion for making reading and writing authentic and engaging for all students.
Reading, Writing, & Rigor Workshop
Monday, June 24th, 8:30am
850 Halm Boulevard
San Antonio, TX
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Bring This Training to Your Campus!
Kelly Harmon's Book!
Kelly Harmon & Robert Marzano teamed up to write Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes. The book is part of the Essentials for Achieving Rigor Series.
Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes: Classroom Techniques to Help Students Develop Proficiency explores explicit techniques for mastering this crucial strategy of instructional practice. It includes:
- Explicit steps for implementation
- Recommendations for monitoring students’ ability to develop fluent thinking
- Adaptations for students who struggle, have special needs, or excel in learning
- Examples and non-examples from classroom practice
- Common mistakes and ways to avoid them