By: Nathan Whitaker
"Tim Tebow" is about Tim Tebow's life and experiences. "He grew up playing every sport imaginable, but football was his true passion. even from an early age, Tim had drive to be the best player and person he could be. Tim shares the behind-the-scenes details of his life, on and off the football field, revealing how his christian faith, his family values, and his relentless will to succeed have molded him into the person and athlete he is today."
Purpose of Writing This Book
The Author's purpose of writing this book was to show people the story of Tim Tebow's life and how he inspires/encourages people to follow God and never give up on their dreams. He goes and inspires less fortunate/sick people to never give up and they will be successful just like Tim is. Another purpose is it explains how Tim worked his way to the NFL by never giving up and following God. Also, he is trying to persuade people to follow God so you can lead a better life.
- Never give up and you will be successful
- Follow God and you will be rewarded
- No matter how good you are always push yourself to get better than you ever thought you could
Chapter 13 in the book talks about how Tim raises and donates money for unprivileged kids. He talks about how he reached his dreams and how he wants others to leave theirs. His goal is to raise money to help them and also inspire them to never give up and they will reach their dreams. Tim's motto is "when I leave this earth I want to leave something behind that will change people's lives." The impression this has left on me is I want to help people that have less than I do and also never give up in anything I do to reach my goals.
On a 1 to 5 scale I rated This book a 5. I rated this book a 5 because I believe Tim Tebow is an amazing role model. It tells many great stories of his life and how he helps and encourages people to never give up when shooting for their dreams. Just from reading this book I have been encouraged to go out and encourage people to do better in whatever they are trying to accomplish. I rated this book a 5 because I believe if you read this book just like I did it could change your life just like it did mine, I encourage people to read this book it is a life changer and an excellent story of a man who reached his dreams and if you follow his path you could do the same!
Passages of Choice
- Chapter 2- "let another praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips" - Proverbs 27:2. I chose this because I feel that it shows that Tim is not cocky and only cares about himself, but he cares for others and wants to support them whenever he can.
- Chapter 3- "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster. To give you a future and a hope." - Jeremiah 29:11. I chose this because Throughout the whole book the author talks about how Tim follows God and never gave up. he believes God granted Him with the life he lives now as an NFL quarterback. and gave him hope to accomplish it. Now Tim tries to pass it on to other people by encouraging them to never give up no matter what your lifestyle situation is.
Religion is one of the main issues this book addresses. The author talks about how Tim uses God to get him through everything in life. Also, he uses his religion to influence and encourage less fortunate and sick kids to never give up on their dreams. He preaches his religion to people and says that if you are a follower of God you will become successful just like him. he uses his religion to get him through sports and also his daily life. Tim believes that his religion has gotten him to where he is today as a person and to his dream of being in the NFL.
Supporting less fortunate
Tebow in the Philippines
Praying aka "Tebowing"
On the field praying to God for success before the game
Experiencing His Own Dream
playing as starting quarterback in the NFL, which is his lifetime dream