Mrs. Blalock's Bulletin
Class Update 4/4/16
Dates to Remember
- April 5 Report Cards Go Home
- April 8 PTO Spring Fling 5:00-8:00pm
- April 8,11-13 Spring Factories 8:30-9:30am
- April 11-13 Book Fair 7:15am-3:00pm
- April 11 Book Fair Family Event 4:00-6:15pm
- April 14 Early Release-Dismiss at 11:40am
- April 15 Spring Market- Dockside 9:00am
Media Messages- Newsletter from the Library
To review Chapter 11, students will estimate and practice measuring lengths in customary and metric units. They will measure with the appropriate tool and determine how much longer one object is than another, and then express the difference. In Chapter 6, students will add three digit numbers with and without regrouping.
A cause is why something happens. To determine the cause, ask “Why did it happen?”
An effect is what happens. To determine the effect, ask “What happened?”
Students will start by writing several themselves. Then they will practice identifying cause and effect relationships within text.
In Word Study, we continue to study high frequency words and spelling patterns.