Titan Talk Newsletter
August 30, 2019
- 9/2 - Labor Day (schools closed)
- 9/3 - ONE DAY EXTENSION FOR THE FINAL PAYMENT DUE FOR 8TH GRADE GEORGIA TRIP
- 9/3 - Device User Agreements Due
- 9/3 - Star House starts
- 9/3 - Hampton Film Academy @ 4:05 in the Media Center
- 9/4 - Jr. Beta Club @ 4:05 pm in the Media Center
- 9/5 - FCA Meeting @ 7:45 am in the Media Center
- 9/5 - Student Council @ 8 am in Room E-106
- 9/5 - Hampton Film Academy @ 4:05 in the Media Center
9/5 - GET CONNECTED NIGHT @ 6 pm in the Cafeteria
9/6 - Interact Meeting @ 8 am in Mrs. Streeter's room
Important to Note:
NO SCHOOL - SCHOOLS CLOSED FOR HOLIDAY
September 2, 2019
Labor Day Holiday
RETURN DEVICE PERMISSION FORMS
September 3, 2019
FINAL PAYMENT DUE FOR 8TH GRADE GEORGIA TRIP
September 3, 2019
* Pay online, cash, or check
GET CONNECTED NIGHT
September 5th in the Cafeteria
All students, parents, and families invited!
Place your order here
PARENT FOCUS DISCUSSION GROUPS
WITH PRINCIPAL BOUNDS
September 12th and September 19th
@ 6 PM in Cafeteria
Each group will have 20 parent slots per focus group.
Click here to RSVP
PLEASE TAKE THE PRINCIPAL BOUNDS'
6TH GRADE BRING YOUR PARENTS TO SCHOOL
FIRST PERIOD or SECOND PERIOD
September 19th in the Media Center
All 6th grade parents should come between 8:35 AM - 8:45 AM
DON'T STOP ACHIEVING FAMILY NIGHT
All parents, students, and families invited
to attend a night all about student achievement
If you signed your agreement during Curriculum Night, thank you. If you have not reviewed and signed the device agreement, please ask your child to present hardcopy or click on the link to print one out. We ask that you return your signed permission on Tuesday, Sept. 3rd. More information on the device rollout will be provided in the coming week.
2019-2020 Student Code of Conduct
Fulton County Schools has made its Student Code of Conduct & Discipline Handbook available online in PDF format. Once you have read the electronic version and have reviewed the contents with your student(s), please take a moment to complete the Acknowledgement of Receipt Form by using the provided link below. All parents and student (over 10 years old) MUST sign this form. If you would like a paper copy of the Handbook, you or your student can pick one up in your school's front office.
8th Grade FASTPASS Carpool Privilege
- Arrive prior to 4:05 pm.
- Pull all the way forward to make maximum room for all cars.
- Do NOT pull into the parking spaces. This is a safety issue and your pass will be revoked.
- No speeding into the Employee Parking Lot
- Please be respectful to teachers who are trying to leave work.
If you are not in the Employee Parking Lot by 4:05 pm, you must use the carpool at the front of the school. Pulling into parking spaces is creating an unsafe situation because students should never walk across the lot. Parents who are arriving after 4:05 pm are interfering with teachers trying to leave from work.
NOTE: The 8th Grade FASTPASS at dismissal is a privilege. The Elkins Pointe teachers are very generous to share their parking lot. 8th grade parents need to return the courtesy and above all understand that student safety is the priority. If the Employee Parking Lot becomes a safety issue, FASTPASS Carpool at dismissal will no longer occur and all car riders will be directed to the front of the school.
Early Check Out Note Required - No Calls Into the Classroom
Check-Out Note Required for Early Dismissal:
- A note signed by the parent is required for early check-out.
- The student must present the note to the front office in the morning.
- Students use the “front office approved” note as a pass to leave class.
- Students are responsible for coming to the front office on their own. Calls into the class interrupt instruction.
- Please check out students in between class periods. Leaving class in the middle of instruction is disruptive.
- Check-outs are not permitted after 3:30 p.m.
Message from the Principal
Parents, your input is extremely valuable, and I want to hear how we can make our excellent school even better. I ask all parents and legal guardians to participate by giving your feedback in the survey below.
Parent Input Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7F55BHB
Another opportunity to give your input will be to meet with me in one of two Parent Focus Discussion Groups. The discussion groups will be offered at 6:00 pm in the Media Center on September 12th or September 19th. Each group will have 20 parent slots available. The small group settings are a way for me to get to know you, and also get your feedback about how things are going here at Elkins Pointe.
Click here to RSVP for 9/12/19 or 9/19/19
Thank you to all parents who attended Curriculum Night this past Wednesday. It was wonderful to see you. I wish everyone a safe and enjoyable Labor Day Weekend!
Elkins Pointe Middle School
"Every Day, Every Student, College & Career Bound: Go Titans!"
Things to Connect You!
Get Connected Night - 9/5 @ 6pm
Are you wondering what programs does Elkins Pointe offer? Would you like to know when & where are the activities & meetings? If you would like to know more about morning clubs, extramural sports, after-school programs, and ways your child can get connected, please come to our 3rd annual "Get Connected Night!" Bring a friend or a neighbor who would like to know more about Elkins Pointe Middle School.
VOLUNTEERS WANTED: Sign Up to help with "Get Connected Night," here or below!
A few of our Business Partners will be set up in the gym and the Atrium with giveaways and interactive games! Be on the lookout for PLAYlive Nation Gaming Lounge, Dr. Kincaid’s Smile Doctors Orthodontics, Aurora Cineplex & Mini Golf, A Mindful Movement Wellness & Yoga Studio, and Wild Slice Pizzeria! YUM! You can also shop at the School Store & Spirit Wear tables in the Atrium.
FCA - 9/5 @ 7:45 in the Media Center
Student Council Meeting -9/5 @ 8 am in E106
Calling all Student Council Members to a meet Thursday, Sept. 5th at 8 am in the morning in room E-106. All graders are welcome and wanted to join! You do not have to be elected to be on the Elkins Pointe Student Council. Just join, and you will become a student leader!
Our Team is Growing!
THANK YOU to all of the generous families who have Teamed Up with the Titans this year! Our team continues to grow. We are happy to report that we have raised 88% of our $30,000 goal due to your support.
There’s still time! We know it’s been a busy start to the year, and you may have forgotten or simply lost your blue membership form. That’s OK! Just visit https://epms.memberhub.store to make your donation today.
Remember, all of the money donated to the Team Up with the Titans fund supports our students. This is our ONLY fundraiser for the entire year, so don’t put it off any longer. Help us make it a great year for Elkins Pointe Middle School!
If you have already made your donation of $35 or more, your car magnet is going home this week with your student’s WINN teacher. Display it with pride!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer with the PTSA
If you have just a little or a lot of time on your hands right now, we can use you! There are all kinds of ways you can help the Elkins Pointe PTSA. Email Tracy Murphy at email@example.com with your name and email and we’ll add you to our list of volunteers.
Looking for a way to get involved at your child’s new school?
Do you enjoy recognizing individuals for their hard work? We need a committee lead to help plan our Teacher Appreciation Week in March and our Teacher of the Year celebration near the end of the school year. It’s a fun, creative and very gratifying role. Come help us create an experience for our dedicated teachers and staff!
We also have an opening for a Hospitality VP who welcomes visitors to our school. You’ll be helping with Bus Driver Appreciation Week in October, and Veterans Appreciation in November. In Spring 2020, you’ll help with Katha Stuart Meeting in May and the rising 6th Grader visit in Spring 2020.
Other committees that need your help: Dad’s Club, Youth Day Parade and Talent Expo. Contact Tracy Murphy @ firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by our table at Curriculum Night on August 28th.
Summit Counseling Presents...
SOMETHING TO TWEET ABOUT!
8th GRADE GEORGIA TRIP
GEORGIA TRIP EXTENSION FINAL PAYMENT DUE ON SEPT. 3, 2019
8th GRADE GEORGIA TRIP INFO
* FOR ALL 8TH GRADERS*
It is time to start saving to go on the Georgia Studies trip. Each year the 8th grade class goes on a trip to Tybee Island, Savannah, Plains, and Milledgeville to visit important historical locations that link to the 8th grade Social Studies curriculum. There will be a drop-in meeting for parents about this trip during Information Day on August 7th.
- Informational Letter English
- Georgia Trip 2019_2020 English
- Informational Letter Spanish
- Georgia Trip 2019_2020 Spanish
Questions? Email: Mrs. Streeter at email@example.com
Georgia Trip Parent Remind - Sign Up!
The parent remind101 for the Georgia Trip is a great way to keep up with your 8th grader. Signed up early…many parents have already done so!
- Enter this number: 81010
- Text this message: @c4kcg9e
Georgia Trip for 8th Graders!
The Elkins Pointe Middle School 8th grade annual Georgia History trip dates for the trip are October 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. This guided tour will reinforce what we have been learning and will learn in 8th Georgia History.
Listed below are the highlights of our trip:
- 1st African Baptist Church
- River Street
- Ghost Tour in Savannah
- Tybee Island
- River Boat Ride
- Plains, GA
The total cost of the trip will be $300. This price includes tours, transportation, lodging, and meals (except for lunch on the way to Savannah). Payment is as follows:
- FIRST initial deposit: $90 Non-Refundable Deposit
- FINAL payment due on 09/02/19 - Full amount of $300
*There will be a limited number of scholarships available. If you would like to apply for a scholarship, please contact Mrs. Streeter, Room E-114, firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Families receiving a scholarship are asked to pay the initial deposit of $150.
Instructions to Pay Online for the Georgia Trip
Step 2: Create a parent/guardian account To register your student, you must first create an account for yourself as the student’s guardian. The profile you will create will allow you to add multiple students (if you have multiple children attending) and will allow you to later add yourself as a participant (if you will be attending as a chaperone). There is no need to add a profile picture, though you are welcome. Please fill out the corresponding information to create an account for yourself.
Step 3: Add Participant Profiles This section is where you will enter information about your student. NOTE: There is NO need to click on the box which states “Enable separate login for profile.” If you are ONLY planning to register one person (student) for a field trip, you will then click “continue.” If you are registering multiple participants (in cases where you may have multiple children or are registering both a child and a spouse/adult as a chaperone), you will add the first participant, and instead of clicking “Continue,” you will add additional profiles through the same steps. Once all participants are registered, you will click “continue.”
Step 4: Find Your Event Click on “Browse Events” (towards the top left of the page), and you will see a list of available events to select. Click on the event for which you wish to register your student.
Step 5: Select Blue “Purchase” Button
Step 6: Select Payment Preference and Attendee Payment Schedule: Most trips have multiple payment options, including payment plans and pay in full. If you have a food allergy, here is where you will select the payment option with a food allergy preference. Note: If you do NOT choose food allergy payment here, we cannot guarantee your child will be provided with alternative dining options. If you select a payment plan, our system automatically charges your card on the predetermined dates listed on the trip payment schedule. We encourage you to note those dates, as your card will automatically be charged, and your bank may charge you an overdraft fee. Choose Attendee: This is where you will select the people going on the trip. If your child is the only person going, please ONLY select your child’s profile and click on the blue “continue to payment button.” If you plan to have additional people attend the trip: You must have already created their profile, you will click “+ Add Event” next to the registration on the left side of the screen. You will then go back in and repeat steps 4 and 5 for that person. Once you have everyone added (your cart will show the total number of people added to the cart), you will click “continue to payment.”
Step 7: Confirmation Once you click confirm, you will receive an email confirming your order. For questions or assistance with your registration, please email us at email@example.com
THINGS TO KNOW
Picture Days - Get Ready to Smile!
- Sept. 10, 2019
- October 23, 2019
- March 5, 2019
* You will order pictures online via Cady Studios.
PARENT PORTAL REGISTRATION, CLICK ON LINKS BELOW:
- FCS Infinite Campus Site
- Infinite Campus Flyer (English)
- Infinite Campus Flyer (Spanish)
- Infinite Campus Video
STUDENT LOGIN INFORMATION:
- STUDENT LOGIN: student's ID
- STUDENT PASSWORD: MMDDYYYY
Have questions regarding your Parent/Student Portal account?
Help is available by calling 470-254-2700 Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
** Once registered for INFINITE CAMPUS, parents are ready for Curriculum Night on August 28th, and students are prepared for the school year!
SAVE THE DATE FOR THESE THINGS!
Extra- curricular THINGS...
Extra-Mural Sports at Elkins Pointe
Volleyball Game Schedule:
Volleyball Coaches: Ms. Theresa Schulte & Ms. Lori Brady.
Basketball Game Schedule
Additional Extramural Sports Dates/Coaches:
Additional Extramural Sports:
- Gymnastic Exhibition (Ridgeview Charter School) – December 6, 2019
- Track Meet (Milton High School) – March 21, 2019
Elkins Pointe Extramural Coaches:
- Soccer - Roberto Contreras
- Volleyball- Theresa Schulte and Lori Brady
- Tennis- James Tongue
- Girls Basketball - Dr. Edwards
- Boys Basketball- Dan Richal
- Track- Carolyn Ingram
- Gymnastics - Carol Dunn
Running Club Coming in October...
- Meets after school 4:15 – 5:15 on Thursdays (October – March) on the track
- Open to 6th, 7th, and 8th grade boys and girls.
- Beginners and experienced runners welcome!
- Questions? Email Mrs. Ingram (7th grade teacher room D110) or Mrs. Newman (in the media center) for permission slip/more information.
- Go to https://www.remind.com/join/epmsru and join EPMS Running Club on Remind for updates.
Hampton Film Academy @ EPMS - Tuesdays & Thursdays
SIGN UP TO BECOME A WRITER, PRODUCER, DIRECTOR, CAMERA OPERATOR, WARDROBE ARTIST, STORYBOARD ARTIST, SOUND RECORDIST, MAKEUP ARTIST, AND MORE!!!
Come be part of the Elkins Pointe Middle School and Hampton Film Academy presents Fall 2019 Afterschool Film Academy and be a part of exciting short movies filmed right at your school!
- Invite your family and friends to see your films on the big screen!
- Take pictures on the red carpet!
- Learn from real professional filmmakers!
Registration Fee: FREE!!! (Sponsored by Elkins Pointe Middle School)
Forms available in the front office and the Media Center, via email request to
Those who sign up for the after school program will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays after
school, from 4:05 until 5:30 pm, in the media center, and will need to be picked up in the car
rider’s lane in front of the school at 5:30. Sixth, seventh, and eighth grades are all welcome.
SIGN UP, AND LET’S MAKE MOVIES!!!
Here’s what you’ll get...
● A real concept-to-screen filmmaking experience, including writing, producing,
directing, cinematography, set design, editing, audio recording, and more
● Collaboration with other aspiring filmmakers
● Interaction with film and TV industry professionals
● Official certificate of completion
● Movie credits to add to your portfolio
● Participation in the HFA-hosted end of year red carpet screening
● Connect STEAM and other interests with a film job
● Lessons from working industry professionals
● Team-building and problem-solving skills
● A digital download of your film for your reel
● The experience of a lifetime!
VOLUNTEER @ EPMS
School Store Volunteers Needed!
Did you realize we have an amazing school store?? The EPMS school store is a fun and easy way to help out at the school. Open from 8:00-8:50 Tuesday-Friday and your EPMS kids can help out as well if they want! Use link below to sign up.
Contact Kelly Evers for details and to discuss training before 1st day. Email: email@example.com
Our PTSA needs you! We have terrific events lined up for the 2019-20 school year, but none of it can be possible without your help. We are looking for some great parents to take the lead on committees. It’s a lot of fun, you meet terrific people and you help the students in so many ways.
- Dad’s Club
- Do you like planning social get-togethers? Do you have ideas for how Dads can demonstrate their commitment to academics? We need a Chairperson to create unique opportunities for fathers to meet each other, to be more involved and to have a presence at our school.
- Youth Day Parade
- Do you love designing things? Are you creative? Do you enjoy working with your hands? We need a Chairperson to help with the float for the Roswell Youth Parade. This person will manage the float, help with design and see the whole process through until parade day. It’s a very exciting day for our students!
- Talent Expo
- Do you love America’s Got Talent? How about American Idol? Do you love watching kids dance and sing? We need a Chairperson for our Talent Show. This person will help oversee event logistics and help put together a fantastic lineup of acts by our very own Elkins Pointe students.
Our VP of Family Engagement, Tracy Murphy is serving her second year on your PTSA board! Send her an email @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in these or any opportunities with the PTSA.
PARENT & FAMILY ENGAGEMENT @ THE POINTE
New Parent Orientation - Parent University
- Lisa O'Hanlon Cowles, Title I Parent Liaison
- Koritza Rodriguez, Title III Bilingual Community Liaison
· 9/10 - Picture Day with Cady Studios
· 9/18 - Katha Stuart Meeting: HSES @ 9:30 a.m.
· 9/19 - 6th Grade Bring Parents to 1st & 2nd Periods
· 9/20 – 8th Grade Night @ Roswell HS
· 9/24 – “Don't Stop Achieving” Family Night @ 6 p.m.
· 9/25 - Reflections Entries Due by 4 p.m.
· 9/26 - 6th Grade Tailgate Party @ after-school
· 9/27 – 8th Grade Night @ Milton HS
· 9/30 - Lost & Found donated at end of the school day
· 10/7- Chorus Concert @ 6:30 p.m. in Gym
· 10/11 - FCS Teacher Workday (students off)
· 10/12 - Roswell Youth Day Parade @ 9:30 a.m.
· 10/14 - Columbus Day Holiday (schools closed)
· 10/16 - Katha Stuart Meeting: RHS @ 6:30 p.m.
· 10/17 - 7th Grade Dance Party @ after-school
· 10/21 to 10/25 - Bus Driver Appreciation Week
· 10/21 to 11/1 - Iowa Testing (ITBS) 8th Grade Window
· 10/23 - Picture Retakes with Cady Studios
· 10/23 - Digital Safety Parent University Workshop @ 6 p.m.
· 10/24 - Orchestra Fall Concert in EPMS Gym @ 7 p.m.
· 10/28 to 11/1 - Red Ribbon Week
· 10/29 – 8th Grade Band Cluster Concert @ Milton 6:30 p.m.
· 10/31 - Parent Resource Open House @ 9:30 a.m.
· 10/31 - Lost & Found donated at end of the school day
· 11/4 to 11/8 - Book Fair (set-up on 11/1)
· 11/4 to 11/8 - French National Week
· 11/4 - 6th & 7th Grade Band Concert @ 6:30 p.m.
· 11/5 - FCS Professional Day (students off)
· 11/7 - Student-Led Data Talks @ 6 p.m.
· 11/11 - Veterans Day: EPMS honors our veterans
· 11/20 - Katha Stuart Meeting: MPES @ 9:30 a.m.
· 11/21 - Lost & Found donated at end of the school day
· 11/22 - EPMS RFF Day (EPMS students off)
· 11/25 to 11/29 - Thanksgiving Break (schools closed)
· 12/3 - Rising 9th Grade Parent Meeting @ 6 p.m. (English)
· 12/5 - Rising 9th Grade Parent Meeting @ 6 p.m. (Spanish)
· 12/10 - Band Holiday Concert @ EPMS 6:30 p.m. ALL grades
· 12/11 - Katha Stuart Meeting: VMES @ 9:30 a.m.
· 12/12 - Chorus Holiday Concert @ EPMS 6:30 p.m.
· 12/12 - Spelling Bee @ 9 a.m.
· 12/20 - Lost & Found donated at end of the school day
· 12/20 - Last Day of First Semester12/23 to 12/31 – Winter Break (schools closed)