North Pointe News
September 2, 2019
It's Grandparents Lunch Week
Our Culinary Team will prepare three choices for each day. We hope you will try our amazing food during this time with your grandchild.
September 4th - 1st Grade & 2nd Grade
September 5th - 4K, 4th Grade & 5th Grade
September 6 - Kindergarten, 3rd Grade and Learning Labs
We will be selling Ice Cream on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this week for Grandparent Lunches. Send your child with $1 to purchase ice cream during their lunch time.
Are you still walking your child to class?
At this point in the year it is very important that we begin establishing morning routines for our youngest children which will allow them to become more independent. Thank you for your help!
Cell phone policy
Please understand that this is going to be limited only to Kindergarten and 2nd grade. We have grandparents here that day who may not be aware of this, so please let grandparents who are attending know that they can purchase an ice cream for students who are in other grade levels.
Thank you for understanding and I'm sorry for the inconvenience!
Tuesday, September 3
- MAP Testing continues with Kindergarten, 4th and 5th grades
Friday, September 6
- PTO Board Meeting, 8:15 am
Tuesday, September 10
- Boy Scouts Parent meeting, 6:30 pm
Thursday, September 12
- PTO General Meeting for all parents - Movie Night for students of parents attending the meeting. 6:00-7:00
Thursday, September 19
- Marco's Pizza Night! Order a pizza and tell them you're with North Pointe and your child's teacher's name. The class can win a pizza party!
September 24 - Interim Reports go home
September 26 - Fall Pictures
September 27 - Spirit Day
The chromebook will be viewed in the same way paper, pencil, textbooks, or other instructional materials have been viewed, critical for daily instruction. Our teachers have created expectations, policies and procedures for chromebook use both at home and in the classroom. They will communicate this to you in their weekly correspondence. These expectations will be strictly enforced, especially in the upper grades, where having your chromebook at school, charged and ready, is critical for instruction.
The Anderson Five 1:1 Parent Student Handbook is linked below.
As questions arise about the use of chromebooks and the take-home policies, please know that we are open to your questions and concerns.
Chromebooks will NOT be sent home on the day before MAP or state testing.
Important Reminders from the Office
- If you need to make a change to your child's transportation, a parent must submit written notification to the teacher on or before that day. If there is an emergency or late change, a parent must call and speak to the front office staff and will be asked to verify your identity. Only a child's custodial parent or guardian are allowed to make changes to transportation.
- Please be aware that your child's teacher is teaching all day, and may not be able to check email except during related arts time or before/after school. For this reason, please allow teachers 24 hours to return your email. If you have an emergency and need to speak with someone right away, please call the office staff at 260-5040 and we will be happy to help you.
- School is dismissed at 2:30. Teachers are teaching until 2:25. For this reason, we do not dismiss students after 2:00 from the front office except for medical appointments or family emergencies. After 2:00 you must get in the car line to pick your child up. Parents who make the request to pick up after 2:00 for other reasons will be asked to speak with an administrator.
- Students may not be signed in or out by anyone under the age of 18.
- If you come through the car line after 2:50 you may be asked to come in to the office to sign your child out. There may be days we are later than 2:50 bringing students in depending on the activities happening after school and the number of students who are car riders. Just know that as a general rule, with the exception of safety patrol, you will be asked to come inside to sign your child out after 2:50.
- Office hours are from 7:30 - 3:00.
The BUZZ Parent Meetings
5th Grade: Wednesday, September 11
4th Grade: Thursday, September 12
3rd Grade: Friday, September 13
2nd Grade: Tuesday, September 17
1st Grade: Wednesday, September 18
Kindergarten: Thursday, September 19
*4K will host a parent meeting on October 3rd. Details to come!