May 16th-May 20th
Welcome Mrs. Casebier
Mrs. Casebier will be using Mrs. Bordonaro's email so please keep emailing both of us. If you need to get a message to Mrs. Bordonaro, please email me and I'll pass it along to her.
Baby Bordonaro has arrived!
This sweet baby girl arrived on Wednesday night at 6:00 pm. She was 7 lbs. 1 oz and 19 inches. She is pure baby perfection!!
- We will be continuing our unit: People who make a difference
- Focus people for this week: Harriet Tubman and Milton Hershey
- We will also be continuing our other two research projects
- People who make a difference: students will work independently and will study a person who has impacted our word and write a report about him/her
- Animal Life Cycles: Students will work in pairs to study the life cycles of an animal and create individual projects.
- This week we will be focusing on finding the main idea of a passage as well as the main idea of each paragraph.
- You can practice this at home (with a non-fiction book). After reading a page, go back and find the main idea of each paragraph. Remember, 2nd grade main ideas are more than one word. For example: first grade main idea-penguins second grade main idea-how penguins stay warm.
Have a minute or two to spare?
Thank yo so much!!
Mystery Readers Wanted
If you are able to join us, please sign up: