Weekly Spotlight On MPHS!
Mr. Forrest's Weekly Update: 5/25/18
The busiest and most exciting season of school continues with school activities, senior events, and end of year testing. Please remind your students, especially underclassmen, of the importance of finishing the year strong!
Underclassmen will take their SOLs starting June 4. Please see the SOL schedule and make sure your child is reviewing with their teachers, getting plenty of rest, eating a good breakfast, and arriving to school on time. Attendance is key; we have three weeks of school left! Please avoid any appointments that require your student to arrive late or leave early on testing days.
In addition, it is important for students to bring their devices to school and especially during testing. If there are any issues with a student device, please encourage your student to submit a Help Desk ticket so it can be fixed!
We are confident that all our students will do their very best on SOLs and demonstrate what they've learned this semester.
SOL tests will be administered per your student's schedule. The block your child has an SOL class will determine the day of testing.
All SOL tests will be administered in the morning from 7:25 until completed.
June 4 - 4th block classes take SOL Test
June 5 - 3rd block classes take SOL/W!SE Test
June 6 - 2nd block classes take SOL/W!SE Test
June 7 - 1st block classes take SOL/W!SE Test
June 8 - ALL SOL Makeup Tests
If you did not receive a SENIOR LETTER, pick one up in the Main Office or contact Mr. Forrest!
Senior Picnic - May 29
- Seniors must be obligation free. Must have turned in permission slip. Required to ride school bus to and from the picnic.
- In the HS Commons starting at 7:15 AM
- Honor's Assembly Practice in the MS Auditorium at 8:00 AM. Seniors required to attend.
- In the HS Gym at 7:59 AM. Seniors must arrive in the MS Auditorium for staging at 7:10 AM in caps and gowns and appropriate formal attire.
- Panoramic Picture will follow. Ordering information will be provided.
- Optional Senior Walk through Cougar, MPES, and MPMS.
- At 8:15 AM in MS Auditorium. Seniors are required to attend. Pizza lunch will be served at Cougar Stadium.
- Ticketed event at Cougar Stadium. Seniors receive 12 tickets, only 4 of the 12 tickets may be used for indoor graduation if weather is prohibitive.
- Announcement for indoor graduation will be made no later than 6:00 AM. Check website (www.mpark.net) and official social media.
- Seniors report to MS Auditorium by 7:00 AM.
- Stadium gates open at 7:30 AM for ticket holders.
- Parking available at Osbourn Park High School with shuttle buses dropping off at Cougar Stadium. Please allow 20 minutes to park, catch shuttle, and enter stadium.
- Gates close at 8:30 for processional.
- Please remember we are outside. Make sure to bring water and wear sun protectant. Bleacher seats might be damp due to humidity, bringing a towel is suggested.
- Strollers will be allowed; however, balloons, signs, umbrellas, and other such items will be prohibited.
Charles Forrest, Acting Principal
Parents and students,
I am honored to finish out this school year as your Acting Principal. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to our students finishing strong during this exciting time of the school year. We have many important events and milestones ahead!