Beverly Hills Intermediate - January 2022
Parents and Students,
I hope that everyone had a wonderful Holiday Break! I know the students are rested and ready for the new semester. It will be busy and exciting! The students are working diligently each day to be prepared for the upcoming state assessment. Please continue to ensure that if your child is struggling or in need of assistance, that you are in communication with their teachers or their administrator. We will work hard and do our Personal Best because we are Beverly Hills!!
Mrs. Stacey Barber, Principal
NOTICE: Out of an abundance of caution due to the surge in cases of COVD, BHI will postpone our January parent event
Mid Year MAP Testing
Dobie Week - 8th Grade Only
8th Graders Going to Dobie9
· On January 25th, the Dobie 9 counselors will speak to the current 8th grade students about class choices for 9th grade. During lunch on the 26th, Dobie will feature all of their electives in the commons. Please make sure that your child is present this week.
· The 8th grade students will register for 9th grade classes starting on Monday, January 31st.
4th Six Weeks Incentive - Glowstick Dance
· For the 4th six-weeks, the students will have the opportunity to participate in a Glow Stick Dance. The dance will be during the school day and glow sticks will be provided.
· This dance is an incentive, so for students to be able to participate they can not receive ISC, Guidance Center, Suspension during the 4th six-weeks. The student must also pass all classes for the 4th six weeks. The students must not have over 5 tardies to class during the 4th six weeks.
· The dance will be held on February 25th.
****BHI will monitor the cases of COVID to determine if an alternate incentive is needed
January Reading Challenge
Reading Incentive Challenge for 4th Six Weeks
Monitoring Grades in Skyward
· The students are able to check their grades through Skyward. Each student should log in weekly to monitor grades.
· This information in Skyward should help students make a weekly tutorial plan to ensure they are passing each six weeks.
· Our goal is for every student to be passing every class. Please make a plan and work to improve your grades daily.
· Thank you in advance for monitoring this to ensure that your child is successful at Beverly Hills.
Saturday School - January 22nd
Does your child need extra assistance? Do they need help passing their classes? If so, please register for Saturday School
Self Screen Daily
Important All School January Dates to Remember:
Friday, January 7th - Report Cards
Tuesday, January 11th - After School Exteneded Day Begins for Invited Students
Monday, January 17th - Student / Staff Holiday
Saturday, January 22nd - Saturday School
Tuesday, January 25th - MAP Testing (Math)
Dobie Registration Talk for 8th Graders
Wednesday, January 26th - MAP Testing (Reading)
Dobie Elective Fair During Lunches
Thursday, January 27th - MAP Testing (English)
Friday, January 28th - Make up MAP Testing
District Science Fair
Monday, January 31st - 9th grade Registration for Classes