3rd Grade Bobcat Newsletter
Weekly Update - September 19 - 23
Tomorrow is Picture Day!
Remind your students to wear their best accessory: their smile!
Skills for the Week
- Representing the relationship of addition and subtraction with equations and pictures
- Representing addition and subtraction problems using strip diagrams
Language Arts Skills
- Story of the Week: My Very Own Room
- Targeted Reading Skill: Establishing and confirming predictions while reading for comprehension
- Spelling List: Long I
- Grammar: Combining sentences using ", and" ", or" ", but", so"
- Writing: Analyzing the difference between narrative and expository writing
- Identifying and explaining the tools used in science
- Explaining a scientific claim using evidence
- Using scientific process to answer scientific questions
Thursday, Sep. 22nd, 2:45pm
715 Duchess Drive
Your child will bring home his/her first Progress Report on Thursday. Please be sure to take some time to discuss your student's grades and also goals for this year.