JSE Staff November 13th
"LOVE YOUR PEOPLE"
Thank you for a wonderful breakfast this morning! And Allison we appreciate and look forward to the holiday book sharing!
A couple opportunities to explore with your class if you are interested:
"Learning to Give – Join an energizing movement in classrooms across the world: Teach one lesson about giving on December 1, 2015! We know that involving young people in conversations about giving inspires them to take action. We invite teachers and schools to leverage the global #GivingTuesday movement as a spark for your classroom, school, and community. Let’s teach 300,000 students worldwide that their kindness counts. Learn more about philanthropy lessons and TeachOne Mini-grants for teachers from Learning to Give here."
"Joy Maker Challenge – Nov. 23-Dec. 23 Join generationOn for The Joy Maker Challenge, which connects youth ages 5-18 to meaningful, hands-on service projects during the holiday season. For each kid or teen who participates, Hasbro will donate a toy or game to Toys for Tots, up to 1 million dollars’ worth! Participation is free and easy!
1. Visit generationon.org/joymaker to sign up and find volunteer project ideas and lesson plans .
2. Complete a service project between November 23rd--December 23rd.
3. Share the story of your service for a chance to win grants! One grand prize winner will receive a $1000 grant to support further service and 20 runners-up will receive $250
Next week, we have several opportunities to support our students: Culver's Staff and Family Night is Tuesday evening, we wish our spell bowl team and expert coach Karen good luck on Thursday at the Spell Bowl, Thursday is our Candlelight Lunch, and Friday PTO Ladies Night at JSE. Our students and their families always enjoy and appreciate seeing us!
Enjoy your weekend~Leigh
- Math Focus : In our Google Classroom, I have shared the Vertical Articulation Worksheets created by grade levels and the IDOE information we discussed this week. Thank you K-2 and 3-5 teams for discussing and highlighting grade level vocabulary terms from the vocab glossary. We have also started the passing and sharing of the book we all were interested in, "Classroom Discussions in Math".
- Wednesday: Tara and Katie will share highlights from recent PDs they attended.
- Thursday: All staff safety meeting
- Friday: 3-5 Meeting with Mike
- Ren Learn: Data Meetings are scheduled, a more specific e-mail was sent out.
- Ren-U: Suggested learning after data presentations: Essentials of How STAR Works, Having Conversations about Data, Universal Screening, and Measuring Growth and Interpreting Change.
Teach Like a Champion refresher... Chapter 3: Structuring and Delivering your Lessons
*"Champion teachers help their students learn complex skills by breaking them down into steps and often naming those steps. Giving the steps a name helps students recall those steps."
I encourage you to skim through these and include them in your instruction next week. Just a plain ol' good refresher!
- Check out our google classroom...Thanks for continuing to share!
- Review the techniques above!
- Turn in 100% Effort Work.
- Spirit Fridays, wear your orange and green!