Chandler High Wolf Bytes
School of Champions
April 3, 2017
Congratulations to Jonny Bowles for being named the Bophy Volleyball Tournament’s MVP. Elijah Swinton and Jonny Bowles were both named to the Brophy Tournament All-Tournament Team. CHS finished 2nd in the tourney and is 21-3-4 for the season. Great job, Wolves!
- Softball def. Gilbert (V 3-0, JV 15-2, F 25-3) and Paradise Valley (V 24-1, FV 23-0)
- Baseball def. Gilbert (V 9-6, JV 6-3), Paradise Valley ( V 7-2, JV 9-3), and Tucson (V 8-7, F 13-2)
- Girls Tennis def. Shadow Ridge (V 8-1, JV 7-0) and Desert Ridge (V 6-3, JV 6-3)
- Boys Tennis def. Desert Ridge (V 5-4)
- Boys Volleyball def. Mountain Pointe (V 3-0, JV 2-0), Higley (JV 2-0, JVB 2-0), Marcos de Niza (V 3-0), and Hamilton (V 3-0, JV 2-0)
THIS WEEK’S home EVENTS
- Mon, April 3rd: Boys Tennis vs Desert Vista @ 3:30 pm; Frosh Softball vs Hamilton @ 4 pm
- Tues, April 4th: Girls Tennis vs Skyline @ 3:30 pm; Varsity Baseball vs Basha @ 4 pm; Frosh/JV Softball vs Basha @ 4 pm; IB Parent Booster Meeting @ 7:00pm in the media center
- Wednesday, April 5th: Incoming Freshman Athletic Info Night @ 6:00pm in the CCA
- Thurs, April 6th: AzMERIT Math Testing; Boys Tennis vs Mountain View @ 3:30 pm; Frosh/JV Baseball vs Basha @ 4 pm; Varsity Softball vs Basha @ 4pm
- Fri, April 7th: Frosh/JV Baseball vs Hamilton @ 4 pm; Varsity Softball vs Hamilton @ 4 pm
Chandler High’s orchestras performed their spring concert last week. The Symphonic Orchestra, Chamber Orchestra, and Chamber String Quartets performed a number of songs ranging from Atwell’s “The Lord of the Dance” to “Serenade fur Streichorchester” by Edgar Elgar. Congratulations to Jonathan Chiou (1st Violin) and Mason Haskett (Viola) for being selected for the Southwest Region Honor Orchestra.
MEDIA CENTER TRANSFORMATION
Wow! Students were welcomed back from spring break to a newly transformed media center. CHS teachers and students now have access to a 21st century space with increased technology, flexible seating and a café. Special thanks to Col. Gary Jones and Christine Jones for the generous donation that made this project possible!
SUPPORT CHS BASEBALL
CHS Baseball is hosting a dine out night at Chipotle on Wednesday. Visit the Chipotle at the Chandler Fashion Center on April 5th between 5-9pm, and portions of the proceeds of your meal will be donated back to the CHS Baseball program. We hope to see you at Chipotle on April 5th.
IB PARENT BOOSTER MEETING
- We have a guest speaker from Access ASU to talk about how parents can support their kids through test anxiety/end of year stress.
- We will be finalizing plans for the IB Senior Recognition Banquet and Teacher Appreciation.
We know this is a very busy time of year. Many parents have found that meeting other IB parents is a very positive way to be involved at CHS. See you there!
INCOMING FRESHMAN ATHLETIC INFORMATION NIGHT
CHEER, POM, AND MASCOT TRYOUTS FOR CURRENT CHS STUDENTS
Incoming freshmen will try out in the fall. More info coming soon!
IMPORTANT INFO FOR SENIORS
Seniors: What college or university will you be attending? All Final Transcripts will be sent electronically through Parchment. To guarantee your final transcript will be sent to the college of your choice, you must sign up and place your transcript “on hold for the next grading period”. For information on how to sign up, see Dr. Bonillas in the Career Center or Mrs. Graffeo or Mrs. Ferguson in the Registrar’s Office. After graduation you will be charged $8.50 per transcript.
The CHS Class of 2017 is graduating on Wednesday, May 31st at 8:00pm on Austin Field. If you are NOT planning to walk with the class of 2017, you must let Mrs. Graffeo or Ms. Ferguson in the Registrar’s Office know as soon as possible.
SAVE THE DATE- METACENTRIC
Thursday, April 13th, 6:30pm
250 North Arizona Avenue
MODAZZ DANCE COMPANY AUDITIONS
Attention, CHS Juniors and Seniors: Prom tickets are on sale now in the bookstore. Tickets are $55 until April 18th. The price will increase to $60 on April 19th. Guest passes are available in the bookstore, and are due to Mrs. Templeton’s office by Thursday 4/13.
CHANDLER CARE CENTER
Check out the Chandler Care Center’s April Calendar of services. The center promotes students’ school readiness, attendance, and academic success by providing medical treatment, social services, parent education programs, and referrals.
CURRENTLY HIRING FOR CAFETERIA
CHS is currently hiring cafeteria help. If interested, please call 480-812-7240 for details, and the Food and Nutrition office staff will assist with applications & interest forms.