KB Polk Center for Academically Talented and Gifted
"Where it's all about the learning"
- Well-planned and aligned instruction
- Student engagement
- Student mastery
- Positive classroom climate & culture
“K. B. Polk commits to empowering all students to be accountable, self-motivated, responsible leaders”.
“To provide a caring environment that fosters and ensures successful, self-motivated learners who develop character, confidence, self-discipline, and master the skills necessary for life-long learning.”
- Our main purpose is to improve scholar academic achievement.
- Effective instruction makes the most difference in scholar’s academic performance.
- There is no excuse for poor quality instruction.
- With our help, at risk scholars will achieve at the same rate as non-at-risk scholars.
- Staff members must have a commitment to scholars and a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
Delving into the Data
DDI Analysis Meetings
Celebrating Student Success
1st Six Weeks Awards Assembly
When you need a hand
Reading CIC, Maston hard at work helping teacher Ms. Fuentes to assemble chart paper holder
"Since we cannot change reality, let us change the eyes which see reality." -Nikos Kazantzakis
Remembering the Why...
Do you remember why you chose education, or better yet, why education chose you? Think back to that initial excitement and desire to change the world. Remember the vow you made to make a difference in the lives of your students? All of them?
We ended the first six weeks with data meetings and the reality is that we do have quite a bit of work to do. It will be challenging, but not impossible.
We know that our KB Polk scholars deserve our best each and every day and that is what we will give them.