Leading the Way
Region 6 Leadership Update
WELCOME BACK LEADERS!
It's HERE...2020-2021 School Year Begins NOW! It's hard to think about a new year as it almost feels like last school year never ended while the other may never begin. As you all are preparing, adjusting, rewriting your back to school plans with each new state announcement we want you to know we are revising our work to best meet the needs of districts.
Update from Region 6: The Leadership & Accountability and Teaching and Learning department have now merged into one team. You will know find everything related to curriculum, blended learning, instructional resources, assessment, school improvement, accountability and leadership all in our new Leadership, Learning & Accountability Department. More information to come on new team members, updated contacts and support opportunities.
Please let us know anything we can do to better SERVE YOU!
Watch Commissioner Morath's message-released TODAY
2020-2021 Planning Support
Many updates! REGION 6 will be creating a Remote Instruction Consortium for districts wanting to join. Please contact for more information
- SY 20-21 Asynchronous Plan Summary (PDF) July 6 2020
- Asynchronous Plan Rubric July 9 2020
- Asynchronous Look Fors July 9 2020 Preliminary guidance on the “look fors” that reviewers will use to evaluate Asynchronous PlansPosted
Texas Home Learning 3.0...posted by TEA on 7/16/2020..
Highlights of THL:
Optional to use and not a requirement by the state. You can choose to adopt a portion, all, or none of THL 3.0
3 major areas: Curriculum, Technology and Professional Development
Resources provided for PK-12 (math & ELAR) and PK-5 (science, social studies, and Spanish Language Arts)
Unit 1 will be released for all identified grade levels and subject areas in early August along with scope and sequence
FREE LMS for 2 years. The selected LMS will be announced NEXT WEEK. You do NOT have to use THL to have access to the free platform, it's free for all districts
Region 6 SUMMER CONFERENCES
2 MORE TO GO
- Early Childhood Virtual Summer Seminar on July 21st. This conference will focus on remote teaching for young children, supporting families and preparing for this year.
- Virtual Learning Conference 2020: Best Practices for Remote Learning on August 4th- This conference will include virtual sessions for teachers, instructional coaches, central office, and campus administration that focus on best practices in remote learning. More information coming soon!
TEA is offering free training for principals regarding remote learning and planning for 2020-2021. The goal of this work is to ensure principals have access to knowledge and tools to drive remote learning instructional and program improvement in their school and community.
Sessions will cover the following topics:
Module A: Introduction to Remote Learning
- Module B: Driving Remote Instruction Quality and Improvement
- Module C: Building Staff Capacity to Deliver Remote Instruction
Click on the link below to register for the sessions.
Leadership Collaborative Meeting #9
Thursday, July 23rd, 1pm
This is an online event.
1st annual Summer Learning Adventures contest. Region 6 students in grades K-12 have the opportunity to complete and submit any of the activities listed on the Summer Learning Adventures choice board. Their names will be added to our Back-to-School Giveaways drawings. The contest starts now and goes through August 21, 2020.
The teachers with the highest student participation win as well!
Other Important Newsletters from Region 6
Professional Development Opportunities
text @esc6leader to the number 81010